The new Pedal Compressor is unbefreakinginglievable.

Some more fun things to try:

Pdl Compressor -> Drive -> Amp -> Multiband compressor

Pdl Compressor -> Drive -> Studio Compressor -> Amp

Pdl Compressor -> Pedal Compressor -> Amp

Drive -> Pdl Compressor -> Amp

VegaBaby said:
Matman said:
Goodbye Vintage Ross.
Adios Orange Squeezer.
Rest in piece BiCompROSSer.

I am home.
Would be cool if you could post some settings of those

I'll try to dial in my Keeley 4knob when I find the time...

Oh yes please VegaBaby :p :p :p My Keeley 2 knob is currently unavailable but man I love that pedal and haven't been able to get that close to it before this update. That would be great, can't wait! Always thought that something else like a subtle EQ shift was going on with the Keeley but never been able to put my finger on it.

VegaBaby said:
Matman said:
Try two of the new pedals in series a la Orange Squeezer+Ross... It's sweet!
I'm about to use the crossover and try a multiband pedal.
Isn't the 'Really Nice Compressor' using a similar technique ?

Analogman Bicomp is the OS into Ross comp.

The RNC does use comps in series in supernice mode. I believe it uses 3 comps though.

D

dk_ace said:
Analogman Bicomp is the OS into Ross comp.

The RNC does use comps in series in supernice mode. I believe it uses 3 comps though.

D
Ahh yeah...3 of them. That's right. Didn't Cliff once say that it's easy to nearly emulate the supernice mode by setting up two identical compressors in series, but both set to half the desired ratio ?

VegaBaby said:
Ahh yeah...3 of them. That's right. Didn't Cliff once say that it's easy to nearly emulate the supernice mode by setting up two identical compressors in series, but both set to half the desired ratio ?

Yep.

Yes, some amp models come to live with the new compressor.
I love the Boogie MKII with the compressor very much.
I start to like some speakers models as well ;-)

PosterBoy said:
Should be able to get even closer to Andy Timmons with this impovement

Frankly, I'm hoping for an improvement which would allow me to get even closer to Scarlett Johansson. :D

bongo said:
Frankly, I'm hoping for an improvement which would allow me to get even closer to Scarlett Johansson. :D
That will be in the 8.0 firmware, but remember it will be still a "simulation", not the real one! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom