The need to read ;)

I've really got to read the manual and make me a cheat sheet to keep with me! This morning I decided not to bring the MFC with me to church because the songs we were playing didn't require me to change patches or need pedals. I had 3 sound guys (large televised church) on the hands and knees trying to find why I was getting no signal to the board. I had signal on the Axe but nothing coming out. I finally realized it was because I had set up a volume block for an expression pedal. So I went in and deleted the volume block, only to realize I couldn't remember how to make a shunt connect to the effects before and after where the volume block was. Because its not the most intuitive product out there, I couldn't figure it out. Stressed by the time crunch, I put it on a factory preset, which had no volume block, the AC30 and it worked. This was a painfully lesson in the need to study the manual.

Thanks for sharing, a couple of ways to do it, select the volume block, exit and enter to confirm will put a shunt there. Or just select and press FX Bypass, the block is still there but not active.
In this case the volume pedal not being active will allow the sound to pass as if it wasn't there.

That's assuming you have the bypass mode on the block set correctly. Once again RTFM and learn to use the front panel!

You also had no sound because in your global settings the initial state of your expression pedals was at zero. That is the default setting to avoid any unexpected volume issues. That's why you had to delete your volume block. You can change the setting In global so when the axe starts the volume will be on max.

Back
Top Bottom