The mini rage thread

I was rounding with the team in our critical care unit. One of our cardiothoracic surgeons came into the unit, and instead of walking around us he grabbed my computer and shoved me into the wall because I was in his way, and he just kept walking. F@cking asshole.
That's infuriating.

Ok, here's mine:

People on this forum using Profile Posts, and no ability to disable seeing them.

They confuse them for private messages and forum posts...

Ugh!

Ok, here's mine:

People on this forum using Profile Posts, and no ability to disable seeing them.

They confuse them for private messages and forum posts...

Ugh!
So explain to me what a Profile Post is as I have not even realized that existed until now.

So explain to me what a Profile Post is as I have not even realized that existed until now.
Exactly! I really don't understand the intent behind them and apparently the forum software doesn't allow disabling them.

I tend to view the forum via the What's New option in the navigation bar (the "lightning bolt" on a smaller screen like an iphone).

If you scroll to the bottom of the page you will see the most recent Profile Posts.

Exactly! I really don't understand the intent behind them and apparently the forum software doesn't allow disabling them.

I tend to view the forum via the What's New option in the navigation bar (the "lightning bolt" on a smaller screen like an iphone).

If you scroll to the bottom of the page you will see the most recent Profile Posts.
Yeah I found them after your post and was just a bit confused because I've never even noticed or used them. Once I viewed them there was a ton of them.

People driving slower than the speed limit on the left lane (We drive on the right here) for miles because they have to take a left turn eventually.

Standing in line for a long time at a snackbar and the person in front of you, who has been standing there too all this time, starts thinking about what to get the moment he is being served. ' I'd like the uuuuuuhhhhh, and an uuuuuhhh'.
Ha, Whichever country there is one name for these people and that's a Lane Tsar! Here in the states you will get these people as the self appointed speed limit enforcers or the break checker!

My mini-rage this month is dealing with a chronic post-nasal drip cough from a head/chest cold that began back March 7th. That evening, I was slurping on a bowl of clam chowder and coughed a piece of clam back up into my right nostril. Quickly snorted it back and cleared the sinus, but realized I'd likely catch a head cold from the foreign matter that couldn't be blown out with tissues.

So for the past couple weeks, my voice sounds like I'd been chain-smoking and sipping JD for the past 30 years. If anyone has a decent remedy for bronchitis besides hydration and bedrest, please chime in. Somewhere in my home remedy folders exists something with ginger beer and rum, which I may latch onto quickly this evening so as to enable a good night's sleep. This, plus some VapoRub inside some socks during sleep might be helpful.

Oh, don't feel bad, you guys. It isn't terminal. Just feeling fatigued with slim to nil energy while trying to recover. That being said, currently sipping a rum and ginger beer over ice just now. Gonna head to bed soon. Lately, I've been sleeping a good 11 hours until midday, just because of feeling worn out. I'll be OK in a few weeks. Will check with the on-call nurse tomorrow and see if the doc can help. Am definitely not a fan of colds or flu, but this is neither. Just a chronic cough until the post-nasal clears.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom