THE MARSHALLS!

Disconnector

Inspired
Wow. Just frickin' wow.

I finally got to crank up a few of my Marshall presets that I've whipped up with Ares 1.05 and all I can say is WOW.

I never really liked the Marshalls in the AF to be honest. They all seemed kind of fuzzy and flabby to my ears. Most of my truly beloved presets were Fenderish amps with drive pedals.

But with Ares . . . and especially the Silver Jubilee . . . the Marshall are absolutely KILLER. Tight, percussive, chunky, and totally badass. The Silver is just flat out *angry* at volume. No pedals needed - just a little preamp drive, a little boost to the mids and treble and it's totally ripping tone. No advanced menu diving just sweet Marshall decapitation.

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!

I've played a lot through a silver jubilee and JVM, and though I longer have them, I remember the feel and sound of them, and the Ares update definitely brought back some memories!!

That silver jubilee especially had this IN YOUR FACE kinda sound...was very aggressive, snarly, bright and LOUD....the model now really gives me nostalgia!

The orange channel on the JVM was a GREAT all round rock sound, very rich and full...I'm also digging the green channel with some boosts in front of it, it gets similar in sound to the orange, but is very different in character.....very in your face LOUD kinda sound...

Back
Top Bottom