the jr

skippyboy

if i get a jr can you plug it in out if the box and get different patches for live music...i just dont know what to expect..i have zero midi experience...thanks

the Jr. is simple when you want it to be-- but very feature rich when you need it.

out of the box its simple--- figure out what main 4 effects you want to "custom control" at preset level. Those are your first 4 IA switches... programming them takes about 1min a switch if you take your time.

then you autoload all your presets from the AXE, into the LF. it does the rest of the programming.

you are done and ready!

from start to finish- you can custom program the first 4 IA switches, and load in your presets in a couple minutes and be working on music...

what takes longer is to think through how long term you want access to all the other controls. no rush-- program, learn, re-program... or not--- loads of people just using the basic functions--- simple to do.

I have a quick question about IA switch programming. Say I want to program IA #1 to control the Drive 1 effect on the Axe. I tried first programming the IA this way:

Type; Stomp
Sends out on first step cc#1 and a value of 127
Sends out on second step cc#1 and value of 0

Then I went into the Axe and programmed External controller #3 a value of 1.

Then I went into the preset and in the bypass tab of Drive1 I assigned the controller as External #3.

This didn't work!

Then I tried setting up the Axe differently. I put the External controller back to none and then set the Drive Bypass setting in the Axe to 1. I also reset the Drive's Bypass section back to None.

It would bypass the drive but I couldn't re-engage it.

Can you help me understand where I went wrong?

mitch236 said:
I have a quick question about IA switch programming. Say I want to program IA #1 to control the Drive 1 effect on the Axe. I tried first programming the IA this way:

Type; Stomp
Sends out on first step cc#1 and a value of 127
Sends out on second step cc#1 and value of 0

Then I went into the Axe and programmed External controller #3 a value of 1.

Then I went into the preset and in the bypass tab of Drive1 I assigned the controller as External #3.

This didn't work!

Then I tried setting up the Axe differently. I put the External controller back to none and then set the Drive Bypass setting in the Axe to 1. I also reset the Drive's Bypass section back to None.

It would bypass the drive but I couldn't re-engage it.

Can you help me understand where I went wrong?
You don't need to program steps for this. Just a Midi ON and a Midi OFF message.

So in your 1st command line, ensure the header above the command "grid" is set to MIDI ON MESSAGES and then proceed to inputting your values in the grid.
Set the midi channel to AxeFX and DATA 1 to your CC# and DATA 2 to 127
Now click on the header to change it to MIDI OFF MESSAGES and then type in these values, midi channel to AxeFX and DATA 1 to your CC# and DATA 2 to 0

Then make your you've set up the CCs in the AxeFX how you want and you should be good to go.

teejay said:
You don't need to program steps for this. Just a Midi ON and a Midi OFF message.

So in your 1st command line, ensure the header above the command "grid" is set to MIDI ON MESSAGES and then proceed to inputting your values in the grid.
Set the midi channel to AxeFX and DATA 1 to your CC# and DATA 2 to 127
Now click on the header to change it to MIDI OFF MESSAGES and then type in these values, midi channel to AxeFX and DATA 1 to your CC# and DATA 2 to 0

Then make your you've set up the CCs in the AxeFX how you want and you should be good to go.

I'm not using the LF editor, just the pedal's interface. But that seems to be the way I programmed it. The only step that I didn't see was the headings (MIDI on and MIDI off). I can turn the effect off, I just can't turn it back on!

keep it simple:

1. Go into Switch Edit Menu
2. Select the switch to edit and press P4 to start editing
3. Auto Program will display. Enter the Midi Chan of the AXE and press SELECT to save it
4. Enter the CC# and press SELECT to save it.

done- it has now auto programmed the first ON and OFF message.

test it out and it should work just fine.

Back
Top Bottom