AFIII The John Petrucci IR Collection: Vol. 1

Could anyone point me in the right direction to the Cooper Carter Petrucci preset that is being referred to? I'd like to try it, thanks.
Not in front of my AxeFXIII at the moment but it’s a stock preset called Petrucci rig, I think

Last edited:
Not in front of my AxeFXIII at the moment put it’s a stock preset called Petrucci rig, I think

Yeah, I checked it out. It is indeed Preset #82 in the factory rigs and has some scenes for songs like The Count of Tuscany and Lines in the Sand.

It didn't work too well for my guitar and pickups though, I don't have a Music Man. But it did give me some good ideas on how to dial in a good tone, so there is that!

But obviously they should sound better than the factory ones...i use the York audio mesa traditional 4x12 for example which is 1/5 the price of the tonemission.. That should be the compare...( or other rated vendors of course).
I only briefly watched the video. I also used nothing but York Audio stuff until I start messing with Dynacabs. I have most of the YA and OH stuff, so I have no problem buying IRs. That being said, the price of the Tonemission stuff is the only reason I haven't purchased them.

price of the Tonemission stuff is the only reason I haven't purchased them.
Yeah I'm a bit surprised they didn't offer them with a 15 day trial like NDSP did with his plugin. I would've taken a chance on them that way. But really, between the presets in his plugin (which I have), and the cabs in the stock JP Fractal presets, I can't imagine there'd be a huge enough difference to make me say that was 80 bucks well-spent.

Maybe they'll use the sales from this first set as a test-bed, to perhaps offer bundle pricing when (assuming they do) they start to release other packs for his earlier tones.

Yeah I'm a bit surprised they didn't offer them with a 15 day trial like NDSP did with his plugin. I would've taken a chance on them that way. But really, between the presets in his plugin (which I have), and the cabs in the stock JP Fractal presets, I can't imagine there'd be a huge enough difference to make me say that was 80 bucks well-spent.

Maybe they'll use the sales from this first set as a test-bed, to perhaps offer bundle pricing when (assuming they do) they start to release other packs for his earlier tones.
Time limited trials don't really work for normal IRs. The file format is an industry standard, so nothing prevents you from loading them into any software that handles IRs.

TwoNotes and Fractal and Line 6 use proprietary formats that only work in their ecosystem, so they have more control.

Axe-Fx III USB direct, Petrucci Rig factory preset, default cabs replaced with the various IRs from the JPIRCV1.

Hi, really great. Which cabs from the JPIRCV1 did you use in the factory preset? For example for crunch me under and Leads in the sand?

Back
Top Bottom