The James Webb Telescope Has Finally Launched

It’s not for the faint of heat that’s for sure.

The empirical evidence totally goes against the paradigm.

And if one is not predisposed to take whatever the empirical evidence shows ...it can be drastically upsetting ....which is totally what upset many of these elites scientists with a preferred cosmology.

In a quick info for you.....

They discovered severe problems with the CMB in 1978.

So...they developed the 1990 COBE probe to look into it further.

There in spades!

But are not totally convinced it’s artifacts or contaminants or something.

So they send up a more sophisticated probe in 2001 to verify the 1990 COBE findings.

It’s there no doubt!

Still NOT totally convinced...they send up the far more advanced and sophisticated still ...the European Space Agency Planck Probe.

It takes 3 years for each probe to complete its findings.

The 2009 Planck probe revealed its data in 2013!

All there is super HD detail!

The Planck mission basically confirmed everything.

The anomalies are real! 3 strikes you’re out!!
.....and science has no choice but to deal with them.

But that’s not what they do....they basically like I said
just let it go and ignores the profound implications and hopes it just goes away lol.

Or....that maybe in hopes some new discovery will come up explaining away their “Axis of Evil”.
Thanks for the explanation, but can you say what the specific conflict was between the COBE and the observed measurements, in Fred Flintstone terms?

And what the alternatives are if the COBE is out the window? Or is the problem that we have no explanation in that case?

I'm almost sure we'll have even more questions and not that many answers about the universe.
Which is such an utterly Great thing! :0) ...can't imagine living a reality where we knew it all. ..what a dismal existence that would be! :0/

..So Much Magic in the world - in the Universe! ...It's the 'not knowing', "thing"...the Magic, The journey. It keeps me young! :0)

I have been bouncing all over the place due to the launch of this Telescope! ..My Wife, now, after 30+years of marriage, she gets my eccentricities. But this has been real-tough on her - poor baby! :0)

It’s not for the faint of heat that’s for sure.

The empirical evidence totally goes against the paradigm.

And if one is not predisposed to take whatever the empirical evidence shows ...it can be drastically upsetting ....which is totally what upset many of these elites scientists with a preferred cosmology.

In a quick info for you.....

They discovered severe problems with the CMB in 1978.

So...they developed the 1990 COBE probe to look into it further.

There in spades!

But are not totally convinced it’s artifacts or contaminants or something.

So they send up a more sophisticated probe in 2001 to verify the 1990 COBE findings.

It’s there no doubt!

Still NOT totally convinced...they send up the far more advanced and sophisticated still ...the European Space Agency Planck Probe.

It takes 3 years for each probe to complete its findings.

The 2009 Planck probe revealed its data in 2013!

All there is super HD detail!

The Planck mission basically confirmed everything.

The anomalies are real! 3 strikes you’re out!!
.....and science has no choice but to deal with them.

But that’s not what they do....they basically like I said
just let it go and ignores the profound implications and hopes it just goes away lol.

Or....that maybe in hopes some new discovery will come up explaining away their “Axis of Evil”.
https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fspas.2021.703845/full
Is this what you're referring to?

Webb is ~80% to the L2 point and is on schedule to reach it in just under a couple of weeks.

Very cool indeed that the deployment has gotten off without a hitch it would seem; so many things had to work 100% the first, and only, time, for the deployments to happen. It's going to be interesting to watch them align, fully test, and calibrate it over the next several months.

While it looks like it'll be sometime in 2022 before we get data released, considering it's been about 30 years that they've been working on it, and that Webb is actually on it's way, the time is going to fly by.

This is a cool link for real-time updates:
https://webb.nasa.gov/content/webbLaunch/whereIsWebb.html?units=metric

That article is an attempt to try to explain the anisotropies that was confirmed by those 3 probes. Again they saw these in 1978 and was alarming as the whole premise of the inflationary model as opposed to the non-inflationary model was to account for an isotropic universe ...needed to uphold the cosmological principle.

An isotropic universe has therefore no up, down, or directions giving credence to the cosmological principle. A non-inflationary cosmology cannot account for this.

Alan Guth invented the inflationary idea in 1980. Why? Because the Big Bang Model at the very start had huge problems. They want a cosmology that has an isotropic universe that the orig Big Bang physics could not provide. Guth's inflation theory supposedly provides for this isotropic universe and other initial problems like the "Horizon Problem and the Flatness Problem"

That article is now trying to account and JUSTIFY for anisotropies in the inflationary model ...that the inflationary model was supposed to get rid of in the first place LOL!

That article is an attempt to try to explain the anisotropies that was confirmed by those 3 probes. Again they saw these in 1978 and was alarming as the whole premise of the inflationary model as opposed to the non-inflationary model was to account for an isotropic universe ...needed to uphold the cosmological principle.

An isotropic universe has therefore no up, down, or directions giving credence to the cosmological principle. A non-inflationary cosmology cannot account for this.

Alan Guth invented the inflationary idea in 1980. Why? Because the Big Bang Model at the very start had huge problems. They want a cosmology that has an isotropic universe that the orig Big Bang physics could not provide. Guth's inflation theory supposedly provides for this isotropic universe and other initial problems like the "Horizon Problem and the Flatness Problem"

That article is now trying to account and JUSTIFY for anisotropies in the inflationary model ...that the inflationary model was supposed to get rid of in the first place LOL!
I must seem like a two year old, but I'm just beginning to understand any of this. Are there articles somewhere that explain all this in even more basic terms? Or do you want to?

I must seem like a two year old, but I'm just beginning to understand any of this. Are there articles somewhere that explain all this in even more basic terms? Or do you want to?

Ok...I’ll do what I could 👍🏻....just don’t shoot the messenger 🙏🏻...,people seriously do not like the implications ....Origin, God, scripture, Genesis ...Church...etc

I’ll link you info when I am back on my desk top cpu.

Bear in mind ...all I will present for you is from the scientific sources themselves.

The Big Bang lambdaCDM Standard Model has actually been proven to be incorrect by those 3 billion dollar probes.

Be prepared for incredible mind blowing empirical evidence! Evidence is evidence....it is what it is.

Last edited:

I was curious about all of this and had a look; this is what I've been able to distill things down to:
  • the current, standard model of the Universe is called the "Lambda Cold Dark Matter (Lambda CDM)" model
  • much (all??) of the theory this model hangs on is the value of 'The Hubble Constant', which is a measure of the expansion rate of the Universe
  • the predicted vs the measured value of the Hubble Constant don't agree; the Cosmic Microwave Background measurements/observations are central to that discrepancy
So, the theory needs adjusting, more accurate measurements need to take place, etc.

Last edited:
I was curious about all of this and had a look; this is what I've been able to distill things down to:
  • the current, standard model of the Universe is called the "Lambda Cold Dark Matter (Lambda CDM)" model
  • much (all??) of the theory this model hangs on is the value of 'The Hubble Constant', which is a measure of the expansion rate of the Universe
  • the predicted vs the measured value of the Hubble Constant don't agree; the Cosmic Microwave Background measurements/observations are central to that discrepancy
So, the theory needs adjusting, more accurate measurements need to take place, etc.
Where does the predicted value you mention come from? I kind of understand some of the ways of measuring the expansion rate empirically, but not what sort of thinking would predict what it would be, independent of any measurements.

Fascinating stuff, to the degree my lizard brain absorbs any of it.

Where does the predicted value you mention come from?

I cannot say exactly how that value is derived, not by a long shot (astrophysics, very quickly, gets way, way over my head), but from what I understand, the Hubble Constant can be determined by observations of how fast the galaxies are receding (among other criteria, etc.), and also by using the Cosmic Microwave Background as a differing method.

Those two methods yield measurements of the constant that are miles apart, indicating that there is much more work/refinement to be performed.

Interesting at any rate, and I expect Webb to provide some more clarity/answers to all of this, or, that it will possibly confuse scientist even more heh.

The big bang model makes sense to who? Not me. Dark matter? Nope. Gravity holds it all together? Nope! Check out the thunderbolts project. They have a novel idea.

My friend worked on the JWST. He explained legrange points to me. I had no idea there are places that counteract gravity.

If you seriously think about it ....cosmologists, scientists and astronomers received huge answers from the 1990 COBE, the 2001 WMAP and the 2009 Planck Probe!

Those are several high budgeted projects that took a span of 30 years to realize.

The answers they got they refused to give proper credence.

It was found in COBE, also found in WMAP and confirmed by Planck!

Those 3 probes in essence ...just destroyed the lamdaCDM standard model.

They basically just let it hang there ..,in hopes the WEBB project or future discoveries negates the findings.

The Axis of Evil
Shortcomings of, and challenges to, lambda cdm are numerous. That’s hardly newsworthy. But the fact remains, decades on, that it is still the best theoretical framework to explain the early universe. However, if you’re looking for complete answers, unassailable assertions, and unambiguous explanations, astrophysics is not for you 😀.

I've worked on this one. In our shop we machined multiple components for FGS/NIRISS module.
I developed the manufacturing process and also CNC program for those components
I've also worked on multiple components for International Space Station, multiple satellites, for almost all commercial airplanes out there and some other planes which I'm not alowed to talk about.
Attached is a pic I took today of a prototype for Main Bench which we keep in our QC department as a display.
https://jwst.nasa.gov/content/observatory/instruments/fgs.html

Attachments

• 20220117_170207.jpg
    20220117_170207.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • 1642467247934.png
    1642467247934.png
    503.7 KB · Views: 18
I've worked on this one. In our shop we machined multiple components for FGS/NIRISS module.
I developed the manufacturing process and also CNC program for those components
I've also worked on multiple components for International Space Station, multiple satellites, for almost all commercial airplanes out there and some other planes which I'm not alowed to talk about.
Attached is a pic I took today of a prototype for Main Bench which we keep in our QC department as a display.
https://jwst.nasa.gov/content/observatory/instruments/fgs.html

Wow, that's amazing! Incredibly interesting work you've done...must feel awesome to have been involved of all of this and knowing those parts are on their way to help make astounding new discoveries....very cool, kudos....!

Wow, props to all involved!
Quite an engineering feat, by a lot of people, over a long period of time!
Great stuff.

Absolutely...the whole project is a testament to how humans can accomplish stunning achievements when we 'get it together'.

"Nasa James Webb Space Telescope sends back its first image"

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/nasa-james-webb-space-telescope-162634131.html

Ahhhhh nice....and so it begins....

Back
Top Bottom