The Honey moon is over...

I use the Euro Blue and Euro Blue Mdrn models for almost everything. Clean, edge of breakup, lightly overdriven and heavily overdriven. The trick to those amps is the bright switch (b1 an b2 switch on the actual amp). I also use the Double verb and deluxe verb from time to time.

With each new firmware, I'm finding fewer amps that I'm not able to enjoy. My favorites at this point though are:

Matchless D-30
Hot Kitty
Nuclear Tone
Wrecker Lvrpool
Friedman BE V1

Angle Severe2...surprised (but also not surprised) its not got any love in this thread yet. So far for me its the absolute best high-gain model if you're looking a nice and tight tone that still has a fair amount of bloom and can really toss the bottom end around. Might be slightly partial because I used to own the real thing, but I keep trying and trying to pick a different model and make something else sound better than the engl.... I just can't do it.

Don't really use anything for cleans, I just bypass the amp block and let my poweramp have its own sound since I use a traditional rig. For crunch I'm all over the place with the standards that have mostly been covered here...or I just bypass the amp and use a light drive, fas boost mostly.

@Burgs video introduced me to the Plexi 50 jumped. Unbeleiveable sounding amp. Amazing touch sensitivity. Try it with volume on guitar wide open on neck pickup on a single coil then soften your attack and listen how clean but punchy the tone is. Brilliant. Now dig in with the pick and here it roar. I can play this amp all night. It captures the Marshall thing so well.

Marshall 1959SLP jump
Bogner blue
Marshall 50w jump

Also interesting, I have literally more third party IR’s than I can keep track of, but I did a FOH test. I now pretty much use the factory cabs!

I have reallly learned to appreciate the mix ones.

AX mix
TV mix
Uber V30 mix

Also, a greenback mix from that free cab pack, lol can’t remember. Too many IR’s.

My favorite amps are the Friedman HBE, and the diezel VH4 silver for the High gain tones. For Cabs i go with a V30 Cab, and the Celestion Creamback mix.

Dirty Shirley thru an Engl Pro 4x12 V30/SM57 with FAS Boost in front and the Modern Enhancer with a Medium Room Reverb at the tail end. Couple that with a wide-open bridge humbucker with 70K input Z setting on the Input/Gate. Magical.

Back
Top Bottom