The FM9T review from a non-newbie. Yeah, it's good

Ok, a month in and still loving it. It takes some getting used to after using my Axe FX rig for so long. Mostly it's the RJM thing... 22 buttons per page is a hard drug to kick! On the other hand, I discovered that my Mastermind GT also works just fine with the FM9 Turbo, so OFM31G might be in the offing!

Seriously, though, the FM9 is a beast of a machine. I like the control layout using the OFM9G settings, and although it takes a bit more button pushing than on the Axe FX setup, it's totally workable and easy to plan. It's driven me even more towards an all-in-one single preset for the whole gig, and just a few special ones for specific uses. Not to go all Mando on you, but it's the way.

I didn't really care for the 59 Bassguy in previous incarnations, but it is just killing it these days. I could literally do a gig right now on the factory settings. And that Jumped version of the Bassman is pretty darned awesome sounding. I can say, easily, that there is no variation between the sounds coming from the FM9 and the flagship Axe FX... they're both kicking some major butt in every way.

Following the Waitlist, it also looks like we are dangerously close to "checking out on register 12 with no waiting." The guys in Plaistow have done a monster job on working through it, and my hat's off to them for all their effort and tolerance of our hounding. Good job!

The FM9T is a winner.

Last edited:
I didn't really care for the 59 Bassguy in previous incarnations, but it is just killing it these days.
Totally agree... I was stuck on that for months!

Today I'm enjoying blending 2 Amp blocks, but it's still one of them.

Following the Waitlist, it also looks like we are dangerously close to "checking out on register 12 with no waiting."
I have 2 buddies who recently joined the wait-list.

One got his invite last week - first Fractal. Playing my FM9 for an hour a couple months ago sold him.

The other is one I converted back in the XL+ days. He got his invite and purchased today.

Back
Top Bottom