The first faulty Axe-Fx III?

Just imagine: You buy the most expensive car on the planet, it arrives at your place and it doesn't work properly. How would you feel? The Axe Fx III is by now the most expensive guitar modelling device on the market. I had the Ultra fail on me because the cheap fan broke, I had the II where an eprom died(if a remeber right, need to check the mail from g66) and I had the II XL and the powersupply died.
Wow.. that totally sucks....
I've owned the Ultra, a pre-production (no serial #) AF2 and the AF2XL, and NONE of them have had a single issue. Having been a long-time FAS beta tester, I've installed a LOT of non-public firmware releases and tested with as many (or more) non-public AxeEdit versions over my 10 or so years being associate with FAS. Never had a problem..
Sorry to hear.. hope this one will work for you.

Is FAS Axe III really the most expensive modeler for the phenominal quality of sounds/toanz? IMO, no other MI product comes close to the value of the III, with miles ahead of future improvements yet to be delivered. YMMV.

I simply don’t see the Axe III as “ The most expensive modeler”; rather it saves me metric tonnes and volumes of money that I would need for the the effects and amps, plus all the silly wires, routing configurations and (midi) switching. BTDT. I also can’t find any alternative modeling product that comes even close to the III for reproducing amps and high quality effects.

Sorry to say that it seems like you’d have no luck at all if there wasn’t some bad in there. ;) Stuff happens all the time. Fortunately, FAS Support’s reputation is stellar!

Good luck, and glad your getting it solved.

Back
Top Bottom