The Fender 70th Anniversary Ltd Ultra Strat

Just sold muy music man and bought a new Fender USA 70th Anniversary Ultra HSS Stratocaster. I reall like the tonal varieties , and great neck feels. Disclaimer: I do not work for fender. I'm not endorsed by fender or any of it's subsidiaries, or retailers , I am completely independent.
ofer my more than 50 years of playing I have tried many brands ,however I seem to gravitate back to the fender strat. I have owned countless numbers of strats and other brands over the years, ,gear pig that I was, fender had some terrible years models, no doubt.
I know how personal and subjective a certain guitar can be.
There is, however a tool for every job, and having only one guitar does not fit every one's needs.
To me ,IMHO ,this new, fender is innovative,veritile and one of the better efforts by fender in modern years. I highly recommend it .
I Iove the color . I looks way better in person. The roasted neck is nice as well, the truss rod needs to be adjusted fewer times because of this, so I'm told.. I don't have any Idea,how it will age and hold up, but it looks well made. Ib give it a thumbs up. Now I only have to re adjust my Fractal presets lol.

Looks like someone wiped their ass with that maple. Cool concept but I would have thought they'd use a guitar with a more flawless neck and fingerboard for the website.

Actually ,I always play an instrument prior to judging it.
You should try this approach as well .
It will save you lots of money and frustration.
About the compound radius guitar, it looks much better in person than my in my ,way too dark, iphone pictures.
I love the neck . it is quite comfortable and the sounds ,tone and feel of the guitar, as well as the setup was excellent.
It plays very well out of the box.
I have played fender guitars , mostly since 1978.
Yes I have had a few dogs.
There is no need to be nasty though ,when expressing one's opinion about an instrument someone else chose and bought.
I assure you that after 50 + years of playing in bands ,performing with bands with great musicians on stage. Added to this I have also set up and run my own studio. I have also played on sessions with others.
In songwriting,
I had placed material with Warner Chappell Music Canada in the 80s. and with many .not so well known publishers and I actually charted in the 80s . Lots of guitar players play way better than I do and I alwaysvtry to learn from them.
Given this, I think I should know what I like and want in guitar.
I own many excellent guitars , acoustic, electrics and 12 strings.
I happen to love this new guitar as well.
I am 65 y/o now ,I still love to play and learn, for myself and with my friends.
One could live a thousand life times and always find more to learn and skills to hone.
I do wish you well in your musical future.
I have made many mistakes when I was young as well .
I hope you learn earlier than I did, that success in this business its not only about talent and hard work.
Especially in these days .
You will have a much better chance of making a living and working in this business ,
if you are genuine, a team player and remain nice to others ,both in front of them and behind their back's.
I really hope you learn this early in your career and succeed .
Remember there is always gonna be better players out there who come complete with the whole package.
Don't ruin your chances as getting one . Getting one chance is rare and t getting two chances is almost unheard of.
Sorry to preach.
I hate to see people left behind that might have made a difference. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom