The Fender 70th Anniversary Ltd Ultra Strat

Tannhauser

Inspired
https://www.fender.com/en-GB/electr...ersary-ultra-stratocaster-hss/0177022865.html

This specs on this thing looks almost perfect to me. I'd totally be down to buy one.

But... That finish, ugh.

I'm hoping that these specs will end up being the new specs for Fender's Ultra MK2.

I've been looking for a while at the Ultra range and played one recently but I'm wondering if they're going to do a V2, and I assume so, as with the American Pros. So, fingers crossed here.

https://www.fender.com/en-GB/electr...ersary-ultra-stratocaster-hss/0177022865.html

This specs on this thing looks almost perfect to me. I'd totally be down to buy one.

But... That finish, ugh.

I'm hoping that these specs will end up being the new specs for Fender's Ultra MK2.

I've been looking for a while at the Ultra range and played one recently but I'm wondering if they're going to do a V2, and I assume so, as with the American Pros. So, fingers crossed here.
I actually don't mind the finish, kinda cool, unusual. I'd be interested to hear how the pickup switching works out.

I kinda liked the finish. Not something I'd hang on my wall, but I bet it looks great under stage lights. I'm curious to see one in person, bet still photos don't really capture it.

I watched Trogly's video, too. I liked the idea of what they're trying to do with the switching, but I'm not sure I liked the sounds. I'd want to hear one in person before making up my mind, though. Of course, easy enough to drop in something else.

Now that neck... oh, so nice! Between the oil finish, roasted maple, and compound radius... maybe more continuing benefits from Fender owning Charvel (always thought that was great for both companies). Looking forward to checking this one out when a local dealer gets one in.

I kinda liked the finish. Not something I'd hang on my wall, but I bet it looks great under stage lights. I'm curious to see one in person, bet still photos don't really capture it.

I watched Trogly's video, too. I liked the idea of what they're trying to do with the switching, but I'm not sure I liked the sounds. I'd want to hear one in person before making up my mind, though. Of course, easy enough to drop in something else.

Now that neck... oh, so nice! Between the oil finish, roasted maple, and compound radius... maybe more continuing benefits from Fender owning Charvel (always thought that was great for both companies). Looking forward to checking this one out when a local dealer gets one in.
Yeah, I wasn't entirely sold on the sounds either, but I think that bridge pickup could be much more usable (to me) than a standard single coil. As you say, would like to try in person.

Yeah, I wasn't entirely sold on the sounds either, but I think that bridge pickup could be much more usable (to me) than a standard single coil. As you say, would like to try in person.
Yeah, it would be much more usable to me, too. I'm not a huge fan of Strat bridge pickups, but when that's what I want, nothing else will do. It's like a seasoning that doesn't go on everything, but can be exactly what the stew needs. Anyway, I thought the "hot" mode was a little too much and the "single-coil" mode was a little too thin, but that's just me.

I actually like the finish. What scares me is how the neck shape seems to be on these -- meaning wether the back is too "square-like" in places. Some charvel has given me nightmares because of this.

Yeah, hard to really tell from the description. Anytime they start mentioning "D" shapes, I get the impression that the shoulders are huge and the back is flat, even if everything else I could find seems to indicate that isn't the case. IDK...

I'm waiting for the Fender Ultra-Max Premium Platinum-Plus Mk5 75th Anniversary Super Limited Edition Pro model.

I finally got confirmation of what this is.

It's a Mexican built strat with a tremolo arm made of graphite. Fender says it's the best material for transferring "energy and emotion" to the strings. Exclusive "Forever Red" colour. Everything else is the same.

$3500.

They're piling up about 1000 of them in the factory. Cory Wong will walk in, look briefly at the pile of guitars, and leave. Those are the really rare ones, they're $4k and will come with a certificate of authenticity. So, worth getting a preorder in, for sure.

Back
Top Bottom