The Expanded Atomic Reactor Series Is Now In Stock!

Tom King

Experienced
GREAT NEWS! All products in the Atomic Reactor Series are now in stock. We will start shipping by March 26th, 2010.

As we announced at Winter NAMM '10, the Reactor Series has been expanded to include powered and passive full range cabs, powered and passive full range wedges, and the MB-50, a 50-watt tube-powered full-range mono block amplifier.

IMPORTANT: Starting on 3/26, we will begin to ACCEPT orders from people on our RESERVE LIST. When your name comes to the top, you will be contacted via a PERSONAL INVITATION EMAIL. after which you will have 72 hours to place an order. Your invitation entitles you to order any Atomic product. Regardless of what you reserved, you may freely substitute or add other products in the line when placing your order.

IT IS STILL POSSIBLE TO BE ADDED TO THE RESERVE LIST. Please email orders@atomicamps.com with your full name, telephone number, and shipping address to reserve your slot. You will receive a confirmation within one business day.

Visit Atomic Amps for more information on the Reactor Series: http://www.fractalaudio.com/products-at-reactor.html

Very Nice!

Borat-Gives-Thesis-Theme-2-Thumbs-Up.jpg

Nice stuff!!

Very interested in the monoblock power amp.

Couple of questions:

1. Any plans for a rack-mount kit, or indeed a rack mountable version?

2. 8 ohm output only? Will it cope with an 8 ohm --> 16ohm mismatch?

GuitarDojo said:
Get the passive and just add SS power! ;)

Which brings up a question for Tom: What is the actual power handling rating of the non-wedgie passive FR cabs?

Question #2: And is it the same rating if you run the powered ones in passive mode (switch set to 'Ext. Amp')?

Thanks,
TT

mranonimouse said:
Nice stuff!!

Very interested in the monoblock power amp.

Couple of questions:

1. Any plans for a rack-mount kit, or indeed a rack mountable version?

2. 8 ohm output only? Will it cope with an 8 ohm --> 16ohm mismatch?
The layout of the mono block (which uses the same sheet metal as the FR Cab and Wedge models) is slightly more than 2RU so a kit would not work. I suppose there could be a 3RU kit but that would take up a disproportional amount of space and leave an awful lot or air.

A rack mount version is something that we might consider but it's not coming anytime soon.

-TK

Tommy Tequila said:
GuitarDojo said:
Get the passive and just add SS power! ;)

Which brings up a question for Tom: What is the actual power handling rating of the non-wedgie passive FR cabs?

Question #2: And is it the same rating if you run the powered ones in passive mode (switch set to 'Ext. Amp')?

Thanks,
TT
The speaker systems for both the wedges and cabinets are 200w. This is the same whether they are active or passive.

-TK

Hi Tom sent you an email but i wanted to post here for the benefit of others . The internal dimensions of the unpowered wedge is quite a bit more than the unpowered cab . I was wonderering how that affected the tone of the cabs if at all
TX

frankiev said:
Hi Tom sent you an email but i wanted to post here for the benefit of others . The internal dimensions of the unpowered wedge is quite a bit more than the unpowered cab . I was wonderering how that affected the tone of the cabs if at all
TX
Hi Frank,

I think your calculations might be off because of the geometry of the wedge. The 2 cabinets have an very similar interior volume. I just did a quick calculation and came up with:

Cabinet: 1.85 cu. ft.
Wedge: 1.9 cu. ft.

These numbers don't account for the volume of the other components in the cabinet and are based on rough measurements. The cabinets sound very much the same.

Best,

Tom

-TK

Tom I was going by the published ddimensions which come out to 26x16.5x11 =4719 cu in for the cab and 27.3x15.5x19.75=8357 cu in for the wedge .As you pointed I didnt consider the gemetry of the wedge . Thanks for clearing that up

I was looking at getting a pair of the passive monitors and using them with something along the lines of a Samson Servo 120 or something similar. But looking at the servo's specs, it looks like its outputs are 2 @ 4ohms or you can bridge them for 8ohms. Would I be safe using the outputs @ 4ohms into the passive monitor, or should I look for a power amp that has 2 8ohm outputs?

Hey Tom, does the power amp work well for non-FRFR setups as well as FR? Is it quiet or does it have a fan?

I wish reserve list folk wouldn't take the full 72 hrs to order. When is my turn? I'm the guy in line to pee at a bar. Frustrated with how long it's taking and promising I'll be quick. I really have to go.

Hello Tom: how you think that the unpowered cabs would work with an old 50/50 Mesa Boogie power amp and Axe-FX? on this set up the sims cabs of the Axe-FX could be color in a bad way? Mesa 50/50 is my favorite all times tube power amp...

Back
Top Bottom