THE dumbest question evar

Sharkdog

OK - so I've been using an E-Cig lately (yes - it's an electronic cigarette that atomizes liquid nicotine using a lithium battery - why? because I'm a retard, that's why).

Anyway - the last few practices I noticed that when it's just sitting next to my rig (Ultra w/ Mesa 20/20) it randomly lights up! My Ultra (I think it is anyway) is somehow transmitting a frequency that turns it on.

I had it in my pocket while I was playing last week and it heated up so much that I had to take it out of my pocket.

Curious as to why my Ultra wants to smoke my e-cig?

This happened with my ART SLA-2 as well (so I don't think it's the Mesa) and my wireless is off.

?

How does it usually turn on?

And I think I'd put this in the category of *weirdest* question, rather than dumbest. :p

godprobe said:
How does it usually turn on?

And I think I'd put this in the category of *weirdest* question, rather than dumbest. :p

Just inhaling through it activates it - I notice that it only happens at higher volumes?

Yes - weirdest. You are correct sir.

Mystery solved - the battery is activated by harmonic vibration when drawing through it - loud music creates enough vibration to activate it.

Frehley had a smoking guitar. You can have a smoking amp. Sounds fair to me. I smell a co-headlining tour!!!.......and something burning. :mrgreen:

Dude, that electronic cigarette is made in China. God knows what they put in it. A recycled warhead part might be what's setting it off.

Try Commit lozenges instead. I'm on the 137th week of their 12-week program but haven't smoked one cigarette in that time.

addedc said:
Dude, that electronic cigarette is made in China. God knows what they put in it. A recycled warhead part might be what's setting it off.

Try Commit lozenges instead. I'm on the 137th week of their 12-week program but haven't smoked one cigarette in that time.

Everything (except the AFX) is made in China.

I haven't smoked since 12/31/08

Sharkdog said:
addedc said:

Everything (except the AFX) is made in China.

I haven't smoked since 12/31/08

I've smoke 1/2 a cigarette in my life. Tasted bad. OH come on - not everything is made in China. I've got a few other things in my studio that aren't. My Oktava mics were made in Russia. My McNaught guitar was made in USA. My Blue mic was made in USA too.

Back
Top Bottom