The Drop betrayed me with noise

So true! the wonky ones are the ones that give the most trouble... they end up back in the bin and show up at an unexpected time. Nowadays if a cable sounds weird or shorts out, straight to the trash it goes. I know I could probably fix it, but, I don't want to. LOL.

I worked with a guy in the studio back in the ‘80s who if he found such a cord, would whip out his pocket knife and cut that bastard in two and file it away in the circular file forthwith.

Bob Weil has vindicated me... I'm not crazy LOL.

1680243632693.png

1680243643684.png

:confused:

It looks like if I want to bring the Drop back into the fold, I'll have to get an isolated power brick.
I had a preset with a half step down pitch block in the front. It worked, sort of. Didn't quite feel the same. I'm gonna need that Drop back lol.

There is a manual in this forum on how to build an adapter to get power from the faslink connector.
With the addition of an engl converter to get 9v and the joyo to get isolated power, the drop is quiet!

There is a manual in this forum on how to build an adapter to get power from the faslink connector.
With the addition of an engl converter to get 9v and the joyo to get isolated power, the drop is quiet!
Thanks Pond. I already ordered a MXR Mini iso brick. I only have the Drop, a Freqout, and a MXR A/B box running other than the FM3 plus Mission pedal.

I duplicated one of my presets and added a half step down pitch block, to replace the Drop. Wish me luck! Previously my AX8 pitch block was so bad I had to buy the Drop.
I've found the virtual capo good enough for live use. Any weirdness is usually soaked up by the rest of the mix!

Yeah, when I had a pedalboard digital pedals would emit excessive noise when daisy chained either on a one spot, or sharing an outlet on a Cioks/Voodoo Lab power supply. Needs to be isolated.

Sean Meredith-Jones

i gig with a Drop pedal constantly. and run it with my AxeFx III.
use a Cioks 7 and constantly check the pedal power cables....YMMV

i gig with a Drop pedal constantly. and run it with my AxeFx III.
use a Cioks 7 and constantly check the pedal power cables....YMMV
The Cioks looks great, never had seen one. Cool!
Yeah I have used the Drop in a daisy chain OneSpot for years with my AX8. I really do think the FM3 is very susceptible to noise interference. It's a bit more delicate than the AX8 all around LOL. Yeah everyone's trying to blame the cables or the ether in the air lol... but all things being equal with just a swap of AX8 with FM3, it's definitely noisier. The iso brick has helped, tested it this weekend. So I think I'm in a place where it won't drive me crazy and within the band mix I won't really hear it. I understand a base level of hum on guitar rigs is normal anyways. :)

I do the same thing.

Is that you Kraw?

200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: BBN
Back
Top Bottom