The Doom Soundtrack Used AxeFX. One of the best Videogame Soundtracks ever. Check it out.

Hell yeah, this soundtrack is awesome! I love listening to it when I workout! The game is just as excellent, too. Raw, brutal, no bullshit DOOM

Ooooh yah. It's one of the best pure Single Player First Person Shooters in the last 10 years. No fuss no muss, just wrecking demons all day long.
If you have a chance, go watch the NoClip Documentary about the game on Youtube. It's long but it's really quite interesting. It's clear that a lot of love and passion was put into it from every perspective.

There's even an extended interview with Mick Gordon in there. He doesn't talk gear or anything but it's really interesting because it goes deep into his songwriting process for video game soundtracks.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0fDG3byEcMtbOqPMymDNbw

This is one of my favorite songs from the soundtrack.

Kind of interesting how Mick Gordon used a LOT of old school analogue synthesizers, but he opted to go digital for the guitars!

This is amazing! I thought of a Doom cover. I love that game but i can never top this.

This is amazing! I thought of a Doom cover. I love that game but i can never top this.

Mick Gordon is so good. I've been listening to the Wolfenstein soundtrack too. It's not guitar heavy at all but it's so good. Check out that Noclip channel I posted above with his extended interview. Seems like a really awesome dude.

Wow really good !

The last good Game Sound was this from Trent Reznor back in the days ( 1996)

Sorry I meant this one from Sonic Mayhem Lol

Ooooh yah. It's one of the best pure Single Player First Person Shooters in the last 10 years. No fuss no muss, just wrecking demons all day long.
If you have a chance, go watch the NoClip Documentary about the game on Youtube. It's long but it's really quite interesting. It's clear that a lot of love and passion was put into it from every perspective.

There's even an extended interview with Mick Gordon in there. He doesn't talk gear or anything but it's really interesting because it goes deep into his songwriting process for video game soundtracks.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0fDG3byEcMtbOqPMymDNbw

I have seen it, actually! :) It was very good. It was cool seeing how they had a Doom 4 in the works that had a lot of cinematic elements (a la Call of Duty), but totally scrapped it in the end which was a good move. They totally knocked it out of the ball park with this new Doom. Very much in the spirit of the original game from the 90s.

I love this soundtrack! I listen to it all the time.... and have never even played the game, lol.

Definitely awesome if you are into 90's Industrial Metal and wished there were modern bands that kept that sound.

I love this soundtrack! I listen to it all the time.... and have never even played the game, lol.

Definitely awesome if you are into 90's Industrial Metal and wished there were modern bands that kept that sound.

Yes. When i describe the soundtrack to people I pretty much tell them it's like "good 90s NIN meets Meshuggah."

wanna gather my new computer and play this on 4k!

great track, great game, great equipment (the axe) IMO!

the saddening part is, basing all the gaming performance on the video card, which is mostly logical, that the computer that I gathered on 2008 had a Radeon HD4850, which has 1033 points, and my current machine (made in 2011) which has a Geforce GTX670 has 5378 points. If I gather a machine, I'll get the GTX 1070, and it has 11079 points on the benchmark. all the benchmark scores are acquired from http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/.

5x performance increase in 3 years, and 2x increase in 6 years. that must be a joke.

Last edited:
This seems about right to me. I used to need a new PC every 2 years and this one is currently 6.

Back
Top Bottom