The delay between changing presets with a foot controller

wb4k

I am using a Liquid Foot controller and when I change from one patch to another there is a delay and the sound drops out till the next patch engages. Can this be adjusted to a point it is unnoticeable?

You have to use preset mode, otherwise the Liquid-Foot reads the patch from the Axe every time you switch presets.

wb4k said:
I am using a Liquid Foot controller and when I change from one patch to another there is a delay and the sound drops out till the next patch engages. Can this be adjusted to a point it is unnoticeable?

Use the preset mode, not the axe-fx mode. The axe-fx mode does a mini dump each time you do a preset change. Preset mode with autoload is the way to go.

Moving to foot controller forum.

Ok I switched to preset and that worked. It is a lot faster. I have another problem now. In preset mode I lost all my effects on my switches. Do I need to reprogram all my switches now in the preset mode so that they will be available just like in the axe-fx mode?

Maybe I was not clear. I did auto load the patches. I also programed the switches CC# the CC#s are programed to match the numbers on each effect. 1=Drive 2= Amp so on. Now why don't the effect switches light up in patch mode?

In a patch I have effects, In axefx mode they all will light up green, red or off. I can switch the effect on/off with the switch. In Patch mode none of the 16 switchs light up.

I am not using the software yet loading it manual through the LF.

wb4k said:
Maybe I was not clear. I did auto load the patches. I also programed the switches CC# the CC#s are programed to match the numbers on each effect. 1=Drive 2= Amp so on. Now why don't the effect switches light up in patch mode?

In a patch I have effects, In axefx mode they all will light up green, red or off. I can switch the effect on/off with the switch. In Patch mode none of the 16 switchs light up.

I am not using the software yet loading it manual through the LF.
o to

Did you follow the initial setup instructions on pg14-17 of the manual particularly,
Did you name the channel the Axe-fx set to "AXE?FX" in Global mode? It is important you name it exactly that, it puts that device into a special personality mode.

You may have to auto-upload your presets after you do this.

also, what version of the firmware do you have?

JavaJunkie,
I am not sure why but I auto loaded again and it is now working. Only problem I found was if I pushed the s1 switch the tuner mode poped up on the LF LCD screen. I am not sure why. I then begain using the LF programing software. On the S1 in the midi commands I noticed I had my drive that I programed in and under it was a special command that was tuner. So the LF was sending 2 cammands drive and tuner. I turned the tuner command off by choosing none and saved it. Then I downloaded my new tweaked settings from my Mac back into the LF. So everything is working as it should now. The software is real nice. It makes it so easy to tweak and change things around and you always have a backup copy just in case something bad happens. Thanks for your help Javajunkie.

wb4k said:
JavaJunkie,
I am not sure why but I auto loaded again and it is now working. Only problem I found was if I pushed the s1 switch the tuner mode poped up on the LF LCD screen. I am not sure why. I then begain using the LF programing software. On the S1 in the midi commands I noticed I had my drive that I programed in and under it was a special command that was tuner. So the LF was sending 2 cammands drive and tuner. I turned the tuner command off by choosing none and saved it. Then I downloaded my new tweaked settings from my Mac back into the LF. So everything is working as it should now. The software is real nice. It makes it so easy to tweak and change things around and you always have a backup copy just in case something bad happens. Thanks for your help Javajunkie.

Glad you got it working.

I seem to be having this problem with the Ground Control Pro. Reading the post I was not sure what remedies were in the Liquid Pro settings and what were in the Axe.

Is there anything in the Axe that would be causing this or is this some setting on my GC Pro.

Very frustrating as I need to switch presets on a down beat cymbal crash to hide the drop out.

Slate said:
I seem to be having this problem with the Ground Control Pro. Reading the post I was not sure what remedies were in the Liquid Pro settings and what were in the Axe.

Is there anything in the Axe that would be causing this or is this some setting on my GC Pro.

Very frustrating as I need to switch presets on a down beat cymbal crash to hide the drop out.

No the setting was specific to the liquid foot. The patch change time for the axe-fx is around 20-30ms. It is a little faster if you turn the delay spillover on.

Back
Top Bottom