The Darkness - I Believe in a Thing Called Love Harmony?

vaxed

Inspired
Looking to do this song in our band....anyone got any ideas on the best harmony to use to get close to the track?

First harmony: custom scale E F# G# A B C#, +3rd harmony

3-guitar bend thing at 2:53: B melodic minor, +3rd & +5th harmony (lowest part is D-E).

That's assuming you play the lowest part on both. You could play a higher part and would only need to adjust the intervals to get the right notes.

Wow, Thanks Bakerman.
Just about to give that a go. Never tried setting up the custom scales before.
I see that they all default to -24 do I just need to change the notes you've said to +3?

Also is the key B?

Thanks again

John

Is that your Youtube video? Sounds amazing ;0)

I meant intel. harm. mode with "custom" selected as the scale, not custom shift mode. Custom shift could pretty much work too but there would be a couple step-type artifacts during bends that intel. harm (smooth tracking) mode avoids. Key should be E for that first harmony.

See what you mean about he steps using Custon shift mode. Changed as suggested, that sounds great, That sounds really good.

Thank you once again

John

What a great forum this is :)

First harmony: custom scale E F# G# A B C#, +3rd harmony

3-guitar bend thing at 2:53: B melodic minor, +3rd & +5th harmony (lowest part is D-E).

That's assuming you play the lowest part on both. You could play a higher part and would only need to adjust the intervals to get the right notes.

Wow I found this thread thru google search but it's just what I wanted to find :encouragement:

I understand about the custom scale, got that sorted from your thread thanks !
If I wanted to play the high part instead of the low on the 1st solo, what scale reduction would I need to drop as apposed to +3 ?

Sorry my musical knowledge is not the best !

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom