AFIII The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary with Preset

Tonight I finally managed to upload the patch into my Axe III, including the "she sells noise" patch. Man, that's really selling noise! I love the tones. Still have to wait till next week to try the song with the band.

Thank you guys again!

Okay this seemed to come out okay after importing and resetting block etc.

Let me know if you have any issues - have slightly tweaked it so it has 4 scenes now.

This was done with a SD JB bridge pickup (the original was with a Bareknuckle Mule so will sound different).

Enjoy :)
By the way - the 4 scenes lost their names with the import, so I'm trying to figure out what is used when. Scene 1 and 2 are clear, and Scene 4 must be the outro. Do you use Scene 3 for the very short solo or also for the melodic parts between the strumming parts (Scene 2)?

By the way - the 4 scenes lost their names with the import, so I'm trying to figure out what is used when. Scene 1 and 2 are clear, and Scene 4 must be the outro. Do you use Scene 3 for the very short solo or also for the melodic parts between the strumming parts (Scene 2)?

The way I use it is:

Scene 1 - intro
Scene 2 - main riff/chorus
Scene 3 - verse (slightly reduced level)
Scene 4 - bridge

The basic sound is there so you could easily mess around with scenes and settings for your own needs/set-up.

Here is my preset for the intro to "She Sells Sanctuary". I created it myself, and I've tried to model it on what I read from an interview with Billy Duffy that's on Boss's website (https://www.boss.info/us/community/boss_users_group/811/) given he used a Roland JC-120 and other Boss pedals exclusively to create the tones in this song. I also used a YouTube "ShutUp&Play" lesson () for some basic info on this song which does briefly and conceptually cover the tone as well (though not with a Fractal amp or effects. I think I got the tone fairly close, at any rate. I've been playing the song on a Les Paul equipped with a Gibson '57+ bridge pickup. I've included an OD block in the signal chain so as to keep the chain more "Boss"-authentic, but as saved, the preset has this effect bypassed and I haven't yet tried to create the more overdriven tones later in the song as yet. I do think this is likely on the right track, however, but you may need to experiment to get the other tones in the song.

Attachments

• The Cult - %22She Sells Sanctuary%22.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 39
Here is my preset for the intro to "She Sells Sanctuary". I created it myself, and I've tried to model it on what I read from an interview with Billy Duffy that's on Boss's website (https://www.boss.info/us/community/boss_users_group/811/) given he used a Roland JC-120 and other Boss pedals exclusively to create the tones in this song. I also used a YouTube "ShutUp&Play" lesson () for some basic info on this song which does briefly and conceptually cover the tone as well (though not with a Fractal amp or effects. I think I got the tone fairly close, at any rate. I've been playing the song on a Les Paul equipped with a Gibson '57+ bridge pickup. I've included an OD block in the signal chain so as to keep the chain more "Boss"-authentic, but as saved, the preset has this effect bypassed and I haven't yet tried to create the more overdriven tones later in the song as yet. I do think this is likely on the right track, however, but you may need to experiment to get the other tones in the song.

Thanks for posting this love the song sounds great.

Definitively gonna try it out! Thanks for posting!

Note that I'm still working on developing a more comprehensive preset with Scenes to at least capture the intro/outro, and also the main part of the song. I think the main part (overdriven and clean combined) can be achieved with an AC-30 Bright. My take is that the final (heavily boosted overdrive) section of the song before the clean outro may well have been the portion where Bill Duffy mentioned using the Marshall (or more recently a Friedman), and so I'll need to work on finding a way to incorporate that as well. Perhaps I can use a different Channel for that Marshall or Friedman. Once I have an acceptable preset with everything included, I'll replace the original preset posted here with the revised one.

Back
Top Bottom