AFIII The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary with Preset

zappafranco

Inspired
I think this is one of the greatest songs of the eighties and if you want to learn it it is not very difficult. Sometimes I do not strictly follow the TAB: In the Chorus before the acoustic G Chord I play the same notes as in the Verse, but without muting. I switched to another Preset via Program Change in Logic to get that acoustic sound for the G Chord. The main preset is attached (Firmware 16.1). The acoustic preset is a commercial preset from Fremen, but I think there are also a lot of good acoustic presets in Axechange. I found the main preset on a blog from Paul Heading:
http://axefxpresets.blogspot.com/2020/01/the-cult-she-sells-sanctuary.html
and converted it to Axe-FX3. I don't know if Paul is a member of this forum. He also did a better performance of this song than me, but anyway at least here you got the whole package. Thank you Paul!

Attachments

• The Cult-She Sells Sanctuary.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
I think this is one of the greatest songs of the eighties and if you want to learn it it is not very difficult. Sometimes I do not strictly follow the TAB: In the Chorus before the acoustic G Chord I play the same notes as in the Verse, but without muting. I switched to another Preset via Program Change in Logic to get that acoustic sound for the G Chord. The main preset is attached (Firmware 16.1). The acoustic preset is a commercial preset from Fremen, but I think there are also a lot of good acoustic presets in Axechange. I found the main preset on a blog from Paul Heading:
and converted it to Axe-FX3. I don't know if Paul is a member of this forum. He also did a better performance of this song than me, but anyway at least here you got the whole package. Thank you Paul!

what firmware was the preset made with? I'm still on 15 till they get everything done with 16.02

Heh I built a synth chain that adds that Modulation noise at the beginning. Control it with an expression pedal. For whatever reason this is one of those repetitive songs I get lost in so I have a cheat sheet for.

Here is the whatever noise at the beginning of the song. It's saved as a preset you would have to cut the blocks and paste into your preset or build from scratch. I connect an expression pedal to the control knob of the volume block to roll in the noise. 16.02 beta 1 is what I'm on but I don't know that it would matter.

I would post my whole preset but I'm using a Blackstar amp in place of the amp and cab blocks.

Attachments

• SHE SELLS NOISE.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 30

That was really nice thank you for sharing that I love that song. Can’t wait to give it a go

Tom and ZappaFranco, I tried to load both of your presets into my Axe III FW 16.1 today, planning to play the song with my band, but for the
  • The Cult-She Sells Sanctuary.syx it sais it can't load it because its an Axe II preset
  • and the She Sells Nois.syx can be loaded but its empty.
??

Tom and ZappaFranco, I tried to load both of your presets into my Axe III FW 16.1 today, planning to play the song with my band, but for the
  • The Cult-She Sells Sanctuary.syx it sais it can't load it because its an Axe II preset
  • and the She Sells Nois.syx can be loaded but its empty.
??
I exported the Preset from Axe FX 3, but maybe it did a mistake when I uploaded it. So maybe I uploaded the Axe FX 2 Preset. In that case just use Fractool to convert it. I am not on my main Computer right now, but I just converted it one more time with the newest version of Fractool. You can find the Axe FX 3 Preset attached. I am not sure, but I guess Fractool has saved it as a Preset for Firmware 16.2.
I am sorry, if I did a mistake, when I uploaded it for the first time. I can not say anything about "She sells Noise", because I haven't tried it out until now.

Attachments

• The Cult-She Sells Sanctuary(AxeFx III).syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 31
I exported the Preset from Axe FX 3, but maybe it did a mistake when I uploaded it. So maybe I uploaded the Axe FX 2 Preset. In that case just use Fractool to convert it. I am not on my main Computer right now, but I just converted it one more time with the newest version of Fractool. You can find the Axe FX 3 Preset attached. I am not sure, but I guess Fractool has saved it as a Preset for Firmware 16.2.
I am sorry, if I did a mistake, when I uploaded it for the first time. I can not say anything about "She sells Noise", because I haven't tried it out until now.
Thanksalot! I'll try again when I'm in the bandroom next time. Really looking foreward to this.

That's me actually! :) I didn't think anyone looked at that blog as I hadn't been updating it much.

Glad people are getting some use from it.

I love this patch. Haven't been able yet to upload it on the Axe III, but playing it with great fun on the Axe II. One question though: Scene 1 is obviously for the intro and the silent part in the middle and the end of the song that repeats the intro. Scene 2 obviously for the rhythm parts after the intro. But when are you using Scene 3 and 4?

I love this patch. Haven't been able yet to upload it on the Axe III, but playing it with great fun on the Axe II. One question though: Scene 1 is obviously for the intro and the silent part in the middle and the end of the song that repeats the intro. Scene 2 obviously for the rhythm parts after the intro. But when are you using Scene 3 and 4?

Okay this seemed to come out okay after importing and resetting block etc.

Let me know if you have any issues - have slightly tweaked it so it has 4 scenes now.

This was done with a SD JB bridge pickup (the original was with a Bareknuckle Mule so will sound different).

Enjoy :)

Attachments

• The Cult-She Sells Sanctuary.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 43
Okay this seemed to come out okay after importing and resetting block etc.

Let me know if you have any issues - have slightly tweaked it so it has 4 scenes now.

This was done with a SD JB bridge pickup (the original was with a Bareknuckle Mule so will sound different).

Enjoy :)
Hey that's great - thanksabunch! I'll try this out this Wednesday when I get to my bandroom.

I assume I'll find out from the naming of the additional two scenes what part they are used for?

I'm going to play this with a newly aquired Gibson SG Standard and let you know what it sounds like.

Back
Top Bottom