The Celestion G12-65 collection is superb

iaresee

Administrator
Finally found myself in need of some 2x12 G12-65 IRs (Trey is running them in his summer rig) so I splurged on the full Celestion G12-65 set and WOW! Stellar IRs with amps that have a little Marshall thing going on.

I'm pairing it with a Comet 60 model now and loving the textured overdrive tones I'm getting. Really nice.

The F186 4x12 is fantastic freebie if you want to hear these IRs in action. Nice presence and balance and just the right amount of character to them so you know what they are. I'm getting a lovely "thwack" when I spank the strings on funkier, single note runs.

If you're wondering if they're worth the USD$30 I think they are.

I agree, they are worth it. Those same G12-65's are what Robben Ford use with his Dumble in a 2 x 12" configuration. That's why I picked them up, it pretty much help me get as close as I can to getting his tone on "The Brothers". A very useful and versatile IR pack.

@Techboy57 gotta profess my relative ignorance of Robben Ford -- I need to rectify that. I'm finding these pair well with more than a handful of amps. They're voiced in a way that resonates well with me.

One thing I haven't done yet is figure out if/what I want to set my speaker settings to in the AMP block when I use these. Anyone want to share their speaker tab settings? So far I'm running default and it's fine, but a little tuning can really make coupling nicer, makes it all sing a little better.

I'm on a gig right now, but I'll look at what I've done in the amp and cab blocks and send you some screen shots. One of the best ways to tweak a sound is to use the looper with a riff or progression in front of your amp/cab and twiddle with the controls till you get the most pleasing sound to your ears. But it is possible to crazy with all the possible variations available to you.

@Techboy57 gotta profess my relative ignorance of Robben Ford -- I need to rectify that. I'm finding these pair well with more than a handful of amps. They're voiced in a way that resonates well with me.

One thing I haven't done yet is figure out if/what I want to set my speaker settings to in the AMP block when I use these. Anyone want to share their speaker tab settings? So far I'm running default and it's fine, but a little tuning can really make coupling nicer, makes it all sing a little better.

Attachments

• The Brothers.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 28
Ive attatched my preset The Brothers for you to look over and try out. Im using 2 dual Cab setups, For the OD sound a 4x12 G12-65 with e935 mic i found on the web and on the clean setting g12-65 r121 balanced and g12-65 SM57 bright from the celestion G12-65 IR pack

@Techboy57 thanks. I'll check that out tonight. Did you modify the Speaker settings in the AMP block in that preset?
Ive done a bit of tweaking in the cab block more so than the amp block. Ive found those to be more effective. the only thing ive done in the amp block is adjust the low low and high resonant frequencies and Q . the last preset i sent you was screwy this one has been corrected. Cheers, Perry.

Attachments

• The Brothers.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 37
  • c000115_4x12-G12-65-e935(AxeFx II).syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 60
Finally found myself in need of some 2x12 G12-65 IRs (Trey is running them in his summer rig) so I splurged on the full Celestion G12-65 set and WOW! Stellar IRs with amps that have a little Marshall thing going on.

I'm pairing it with a Comet 60 model now and loving the textured overdrive tones I'm getting. Really nice.

The F186 4x12 is fantastic freebie if you want to hear these IRs in action. Nice presence and balance and just the right amount of character to them so you know what they are. I'm getting a lovely "thwack" when I spank the strings on funkier, single note runs.

If you're wondering if they're worth the USD$30 I think they are.
Where is the G12-65 IR collection?

I know this is an old thread but just got done playing with the G12-65 pack and WOW. Only got through about 5 in my testing so far but there are some great IRs in there — particularly paired with the Trainwreck Express amp. 🤯

Back
Top Bottom