The big decision - AccuGroove Latte or Atomic CLR (passive)?

Sharka

Experienced
Okay, I'm getting ready to pull the trigger and I'm so on the fence on this one. From what I've read (reviews etc..), I like both offerings from both AccuGroove and Atomic.

AccuGroove is the new kid on the block and there are fewer reviews and information, but for some reason I leaning toward the "Latte" over the "CLR". I plan on using a Crown XLS 2500 for power (that should do the job and some).

Hearing is king, but you can't really try these things unless you purchase them. With that being said; Anyone using an AccuGroove cabinet in the New York Tri-State area that I could hear? I'm willing to travel, and pay for studio time if we need to do this off-site.

Reactions: trb
Um, why can't I simply see the price for an AccuGroove Latte on their website? When I click Pricing, it takes me to some contact form to fill out. Annoying, and this alone would make me look elsewhere.

Actually, I went through the process and have quotes at home. Off hand I don't remember them, but I will post them for you here when I get home later....

I'm at the same decision point now as I'm going to get an frfr amp. Any input on these two amps? Looks like the Atomic clr is $750 and the comparable Accugroove Latte is about $950 shipped.

I like what I see in the Accugroove Latte but there is very little feedback from Axe users that I have found yet....:|

Last edited:
I have been frustrated for years about knowing what to use with my AxeFX-II. I feel like I own a Ferrari and can't figure out what tires to use with it. :)

I have had good results with a power amp and guitar cabs and with my single Xitone 1x12 but nothing that knocked my socks off. The whole idea of FRFR is wonderful, having different emulations of cabs to use. It is like having a library full of different options. My guitar cabs sounded great with a power amp but then I was limited to just that cab tone.

I will say that things sounded way better in every scenario when I was running two cabs. That stereo effect adds so much more.

Just ordered my Latte cab and a QSC GX5 this weekend. Hoping it's as wonderful as I've heard/read!

Way cool! I think you'll dig them.

Just gig'd Saturday night with firmware 19 Beta 2 (and a Crown XLS 2500), and the Latte's just keep sounding better and better.

Due to some other recent developments, I had to cancel my Latte order - for now. I did grab a QSC GX5 stereo poweramp though - running the AxeFX II through it, into some small guitar cabs. Turned off cab modeling (for now), and it still sounds great.

Back
Top Bottom