The Axe-FX Drive Pedals vs. Real Thing (With "Science!")

The "Balance" control on the 808 is half level and half clean blend. It's an odd mix and it's still better to approach it as a "Level" control, but yeah.

If you're selling your Analogman TS-808, please inbox me. I'd love to buy one :)

Nah, I'm not not using the "balance" control, I'm using "mix." And I will PM you soon if you're interested. Let me get some pics and whatnot together.

If it makes you guys feel any better, I A/Bd the AxeFX 2 Rat against my own Rat after the G* drive update with the intention of getting it tone/matched exactly aligned. I went into it thinking 'drives are the weak part of the AFX'.... FWIW, after I got them dialed in, it was so close I could not really tell when I closed my eyes and the two were switched in and out.

I A/Bd the RAT with a Standard, many years ago... some result, exactly matched. The RAT was spot on from the beginning, the TS and fuzz no. They improve since standard time in both feel and freq match, but there are still room from improvement.

Wouldn't it make more sense to rename the 808 to something like the 909 or 999? Something to at least give a HINT that it's not an actual 808? I've had the AxeFX II for about 4 years and didn't even know that until I read this thread!

What kind of batteries are you using in your TS?

I hope we're not about to get into an Eric Johnson conversation about what brand of 9V has the best tone... ;)

Wouldn't it make more sense to rename the 808 to something like the 909 or 999? Something to at least give a HINT that it's not an actual 808? I've had the AxeFX II for about 4 years and didn't even know that until I read
Exactly! "TS8+1"? Or "VS9" v standing for valve?

What kind of batteries are you using in your TS?

I'm running the TS808 into an isolated power supply which is powered from a power conditioner.

...if you know a way to get cleaner\better power to it, I'd be impressed!

Back
Top Bottom