The audacity of some people...

If you use a modeler/profiler don't ever complain about somebody ripping off tones from anything!

The goal of any modeler/profiler is to copy the tone of an amp as accurately as possible, and to alter the name of the amp just enough to still financially benefit from the name brand recognition but far enough to not get sued.

What's your problem with this again?

Didn't Cliff just make a paid "producer pack" for IR's?? Theres tons of impulses out there that charge money too ie Ownhammer, redwirez, etc.. the only difference being the other company has it in the K format and presets included.. if anything, there is more value than what you guys buy with just impulses.

Pot calling kettle black.

I was talking about the Axe profiles only. Making money from the Axe, unless you are the manufacturer, distributor, seller or using it to make music, doesn't sit well with me. Just my opinion though. If people want to sound like an Axe, they should buy one. It's like sticking a Ferrari engine in a Ford and calling it a Ferrari.

Or something like that.

In your words: "If people want to sound like a " ... Dual Rectifier ... ", they should buy one ..." :)

OK, maybe I've explained myself all wrong and looked like a douche in the process. Obviously, nobody gets my point, or he'll, maybe I don't even have a point after all the edification.

It was just the cheek of profiling an axe fx and selling it, when there are hundreds of other amps to profile. His business ethics seem unscrupulous to me.

I have nothing further to say on the matter, but I understand all of your points. Perhaps I was wrong to jump at this so blindly.

OK, maybe I've explained myself all wrong and looked like a douche in the process. Obviously, nobody gets my point, or he'll, maybe I don't even have a point after all the edification.

It was just the cheek of profiling an axe fx and selling it, when there are hundreds of other amps to profile. His business ethics seem unscrupulous to me.

I have nothing further to say on the matter, but I understand all of your points. Perhaps I was wrong to jump at this so blindly.

You are not the first to question the ethics involved. You are not the first to criticize Armin either.

Back
Top Bottom