Igor Paspalj

Inspired
Hi Guys,

Here's my take on this one. Recorded with my GG Charvel guitar, which is awesome btw :) and Axe Fx II directly to Logic X Pro. Middle part is improvised by Guthrie so I also improvised my stuff there with few outlines of original improvisation. Also, I decided to end it on the beginning of bass solo, since its all repetition of amin themes afterwards (as far as guitar goes).

Hope You gonna like it :)

Cheers!

I've never heard the original, but it sounded good and your playing is great. I don't know which I was watching more; the left hand or that right hand pinky. :D

Amazing skills Igor! I really love your style too. What's that you say?.. "playing with pot to much"... I couldn't disagree more.
FYI.. all the outstandingly good players, from my personal observational experience, played with the guitars' pots... alot!
There's nothing like the use of frequent, timely, 'tasteful' dynamic variations implemented by the Master(s) that not only eliminate 'ear fatigue' and boredom, but consequentially provoke a maintaing of the listeners' attention... not to mention aiding in the enhancing of ones mood and appetite for more. Rock-On friend! :cool:

Last edited:
Hats off to your efforts, GG is a tough act to follow!

Nah, I know, I play with volume pot a lot, especially when amp is really responsive, there's nothing better for achiveing various gain stages and little nuances. Only thing is I try to play with it too much in the middle of the phrasing and speed picking, so sometimes I get too carried away....i would definetly benefit from one more pinky on the right hand :)))

Amazing skills Igor! I really love your style too. What's that you say?.. "playing with pot to much"... I couldn't disagree more.
FYI.. all the outstandingly good players, from my personal observational experience, played with the guitars' pots... alot!
There's nothing like the use of frequent, timely, 'tasteful' dynamic variations implemented by the Master(s) that not only eliminate 'ear fatigue' and boredom, but consequentially provoke a maintaing of the listeners' attention... not to mention aiding in the enhancing of ones mood and appetite for more. Rock-On friend! :cool:

Tnx man :)

Nah, I know, I play with volume pot a lot, especially when amp is really responsive, there's nothing better for achiveing various gain stages and little nuances. Only thing is I'm trying to play with it too much in the middle of the phrasing and speed picking, so sometimes I get too carried away....i would definetly benefit from one more pinky on the right hand :)))

I agree and use this technique as well, but not just the with Volume pot... but with the 'tone' pot as well, for one, to continuously vary the texture. Indubitably, Variety is the spice of life! :)
I also like to continuously and often, vary the 'tone' of my playing as well, (I mean like crazy) to and accommodate the
frequency-balance of the mix, as other instruments with their particular frequency emphasis come and go Throughout. (Useful techniques I picked up from a very gifted engineer/producer I worked with in a studio setting.)
As with all in life,... It's a question of balance.
I am old (67) and have several challenging disabilities that buffet me daily and I love your stuff, so.. I wanted to let you know that I sincerely appreciate your fantastic clips that have always inspired me to keep on playing!

Last edited:
I agree and use this technique as well, but not just the with Volume pot... but with the 'tone' pot as well, for one, to continuously vary the texture. Indubitably, Variety is the spice of life! :)
I also like to continuously and often, vary the 'tone' of my playing as well, (I mean like crazy) to and accommodate the
frequency-balance of the mix, as other instruments with their particular frequency emphasis come and go Throughout. (Useful techniques I picked up from a very gifted engineer/producer I worked with in a studio setting.)
As with all in life,... It's a question of balance.
I am old (67) and have several challenging disabilities that buffet me daily and I love your stuff, so.. I wanted to let you know that I sincerely appreciate your fantastic clips that have always inspired me to keep on playing!

Tnx again :) I actually made my tone pots "No-load" so it has even more variety then normal ones, altough I am not fidlin' with it too much. Mostly for some "jazzy stuff" :) But I agree with all you said above.
Also, I am very sorry to hear about those disabilities, hang on there!

Nice job on replicating the tone!

Overall, I really liked it. I think your feel was not quite as "relaxed" as GG during the main melody, but I think that's pretty hard to match!

Any chance of sharing the preset?

Back
Top Bottom