The Aristocrats: Duck

It's really cool!

I saw them once in 2020 here in Toulouse (France)
and it was the best concert I've seen in a long time.

Three guys full of humor, talent, with music at the crossroads of many different styles, love it!

I wish you a great concert!:grinning:
When I participated in The G4 Experience back in 2015, I got to hear them perform and discuss various things a number of times over 4 days.

I agree with your assessment - they are all very skilled and have great senses of humor.

Plus they all have double initials: GG, BB, MM :)

Guthrie is such a down to earth guy. He can speak very eloquently, too.

When I participated in The G4 Experience back in 2015, I got to hear them perform and discuss various things a number of times over 4 days.
It must be an unforgettable experience :)

I discovered Guthrie on YouTube,
It really impressed me, and more importantly, it made me want to go further with my guitar

I agree with your assessment - they are all very skilled and have great senses of humor.

Plus they all have double initials: GG, BB, MM :)

Guthrie is such a down to earth guy. He can speak very eloquently, too.

Hey, I remember that one :)

11731629_10100690811355549_757573993977791408_o.jpg

And yes there are a bunch of great moments on the new record. Middle kinda loses me though, I need to listen to that a few times more to really grasp it, or not.

I attended the Aristocamp in 2019, with those three guys and Michael Manring, Chad Wackerman, and Francis Dunnery as the supporting cast. I think there were 19 people there. Ever want to have a good time...have Guthrie hand-roll you a cigarette with his own tobacco, take a hit of whatever weed Marco was smoking, take a shot of Bryan's whiskey, and learn what 'Boing, I'm in the back!' from their first album is really about. :oops:

Bryan is actually from my area, not too far...saw him at a local show when these guys were first starting out, and I was seated at the table next to his (now ex) wife. Talked to her for a bit, wondering why a pretty attractive woman was at a prog show at a dive bar in central NJ. Few months later I got to talk to Bryan again and learned where the song Texas Crazypants came from...

Hey, I remember that one :)

View attachment 135319

And yes there are a bunch of great moments on the new record. Middle kinda loses me though, I need to listen to that a few times more to really grasp it, or not.

I attended the Aristocamp in 2019, with those three guys and Michael Manring, Chad Wackerman, and Francis Dunnery as the supporting cast. I think there were 19 people there. Ever want to have a good time...have Guthrie hand-roll you a cigarette with his own tobacco, take a hit of whatever weed Marco was smoking, take a shot of Bryan's whiskey, and learn what 'Boing, I'm in the back!' from their first album is really about. :oops:

Bryan is actually from my area, not too far...saw him at a local show when these guys were first starting out, and I was seated at the table next to his (now ex) wife. Talked to her for a bit, wondering why a pretty attractive woman was at a prog show at a dive bar in central NJ. Few months later I got to talk to Bryan again and learned where the song Texas Crazypants came from...
1708363940711.png

It's really cool!

I saw them once in 2020 here in Toulouse (France)
and it was the best concert I've seen in a long time.

Three guys full of humor, talent, with music at the crossroads of many different styles, love it!

I wish you a great concert!:grinning:
This will be my third time seeing them! Yes I agree with what you said. Also i’m a massive Guthrie fan so i’m always excited for more music from him.

Guthrie fan over here, and sa the Aristocrats 3x over the years. Having said that, I much prefer Guthrie’s solo album than any Aristocrats album. I just wish he makes another solo album. But these three lads are exceptional musicians and their songs need to be experienced live. Even if u don’t appreciate their songs, you’re mind will definitely be blownb

Guthrie fan over here, and sa the Aristocrats 3x over the years. Having said that, I much prefer Guthrie’s solo album than any Aristocrats album. I just wish he makes another solo album. But these three lads are exceptional musicians and their songs need to be experienced live. Even if u don’t appreciate their songs, you’re mind will definitely be blownb
Yeah, it's a really good album... But Guthrie has said it's really not the kind of music he wants to make.

Also, I think Bryan Beller is on fire for this one. Great bass work all over it... Not like he was a slouch before, but I feel like it's a step up.

In addition, Marco is the backbone of the group, really excellent!
precise and inspired strikes, and the sound of the drums is just incredible!
I like the alchemy that these three guys deliver...
:tongueclosed:

So last night I got to see The Aristocrats live and what an epic show it was! If you haven't heard the new album, you must give it a listen. If they happen to tour again this year i'm going again!

Back
Top Bottom