THE ACACIA STRAIN WORMWOOD TONE. SO MUCH WANT

Ok, So, the guitar tone on The Acacia Strain's album Wormwood, is the holy grail of heavy guitar tones.

The Acacia Strain - Bay of Pigs - YouTube

If anyone has made any attempts at this guitar tone. PLEASE post here. And yes, I'm aware that it's going to be Drive Block | Amp Block | Cab Block
But it's still a hard one to pull off properly.

Damn... that'd be a good tone to have...

I have something I'd like to think is similar, but I know its not... :(

Edit: Yeah, Just A-B'ed the two recordings and they are WORLDS apart... If someone would give me a clue as to how to provide others with my patches, I'll gladly share what I use

Edit 2: Figured it out... Like I said, WORLDS apart, but still kinda cool. If I could upload our band new song (which I'm not really supposed to) you could sorta hear a slight similarity in the recording

View attachment 12733

Last edited:
Here we go - this one is a lot closer. Keep in mind that I use the Input Gate with it, an 8-string with emg's, but one that is used as a 7 string in drop A with a low E for occasional use. In this instance, I've got my new (re: since FW 7.00 came out) main tone preset and figured I'd try learning some of the new Acacia Strain stuff and found it sounded close, but the tone on the album is a little "boomier" and definitely has compression and a tighter gate, which I haven't added because A) I suck at working with compressors and b) because I'm happy with the combo of my input gate and this one for my personal tone. Perhaps you could tweak it to get it closer if you like.

View attachment 12838

Sweet dude! I'll give it a go as soon as I get my axe fx back from my bands practice room. I've been working on something since I posted this, so I'll post that here so you can give it a check out.

Just use Ola Englund tone match presets? ITs so low tuned the amps hardly needs gain..

Sorry dude, i'm not too familiar with these Ola Englund tone match presets, what are they? Yeah I use very little gain in my patches, though I'm tuned in drop G#, not quite as low as TAS but still low.

Yeah I wouldn't be suprised with the EMG's I know DL plays ESP/LTD. Though personally I'm not a fan of active pups, I use bareknuckles in pretty much all my guitars.

Back
Top Bottom