Thats it.... I'm sold.

The Axe is a MONSTER!!!!!

Finally sat down today, took all of 3-4 minutes and had "my" tone dialed in. then went on to program a few other KILLER tones. I'm keeping it. :D And goodbye to my XXX, gonna fund some much needed bass gear.

I used the Graphic eq first flat and raised the level to +1db (a little more if I wanted a bit more gain), then into the USA Lead 2 (dialed to taste), and then another Graphic EQ with a slight boost to the upper mids, and no boost on the level. SOUNDS F'N INCREDIBLE!!!!!

Was like the tone gods were smiling on me today. :lol: But I'm definetely sold on it, responsive, touchy, and thick. I'm VERY pleased.

Killer post -- remember to share those settings on axechange.
34ig0bd.jpg

A lot of people use a Null Filter right before the amp to boost levels / gain. You could try that as well...

I also use the highpass filter as a boost in front of the amps. Sometimes I find that the null filter can cause the bass to get flubby, and that's when I pull out the highpass filter.

Another boost trick I do (Cliff mentioned it on the old forum), is to use a boost (activated by CC) in front of the amp for more dirt and have another filter block behind the amp which cuts the volume that is activated by the same CC to give me more dirt without a corresponding volume boost.

D

These are my favorite threads to read. It's great when the eureka light goes off for folks. Enjoy the journey!

Great post! Your post shows the beginnings of a great relationship and future with the Axe-fx!

Thats your fortune cookie for the day! ;)

Thanks guys for the tips, keep 'em coming. :D

I'm truely impressed, I wasn't sure it would live up to the hype, but it has met and exceeded my expectations.

AWESOME, AWESOME piece of gear, could prove to be unreplacable very soon. :mrgreen:

I dunno, thinkpad20 worries too much what other people think, ergo his thread on HCAF. For me it's a no brainer: the Ultra is a must have, regardless, and in spite of what the psuedo cork sniffers think.

axetrax said:
I dunno, thinkpad20 worries too much what other people think, ergo his thread on HCAF. For me it's a no brainer: the Ultra is a must have, regardless, and in spite of what the psuedo cork sniffers think.

I don't really know him well, but he seems almost totally convinced thus far on that thread. IIRC he said he would probably get one as soon as he scraped up the cash.

Anyhoo, sorry for the slight thread highjack ;)

I dont know that thinkpad will like it, He seems to be an instant gratification guy, I dont know that he'll have the patience for this thing, but then again he may suprise me. :D

Don't be afraid to do drasting EQing. Do whatever it takes to sound how you want it to.

That's the cool thing about it in my opinion... It may take some work to get it sounding perfect, but the tools are all there to do it, and that's the important thing, I think. It's only limited by your creativity and tweaking ability.

JoshuaLogan said:
Don't be afraid to do drasting EQing. Do whatever it takes to sound how you want it to.

That's the cool thing about it in my opinion... It may take some work to get it sounding perfect, but the tools are all there to do it, and that's the important thing, I think. It's only limited by your creativity and tweaking ability.

Yea, I'm figuring that out slowly, also simplicity has been rewarding as well. :D

Why buy bass gear just run two separate paths on a patch and create a bass patch.... bingo.

If that doesn't work you'll have to buy another Axe fx for the bass :)

Dtune said:
Why buy bass gear just run two separate paths on a patch and create a bass patch.... bingo.

If that doesn't work you'll have to buy another Axe fx for the bass :)

Yeah, skip the bass gear. Load some IR's with bass cabs and tweak away! No problem at all! ;)

Back
Top Bottom