Thanks to Yek's guide... (a post for newbies like me)

Clint Martin

Inspired
I'm discovering more and more everyday.
Being that I'm a long time Fender Amp guy...I looked at his guide and pulled up the Vibroverb and the 1X15 Empire Mix cab (088).
This is another fantastic pairing! Bring the Lows down to 2 or 3 and it's pretty close.
When trying new amps and cabs I'm going to start with his guide for advice from now on.
It has proven to be a very valuable resource.
http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=Yeks_Guide_to_the_Fractal_Audio_Amp_Models

Yes, I've sent that guide out to a few guitar techs with deep tube amp backgrounds and they loved it.
Lotsa good stuff in there for sure!!

FWIW, while playing around I checked out "Dweezil's B-man" based upon the description and holy cow! Turns out it worked perfectly for the guitar solo in Wild Cherry's "Play That Funky Music", pretty good match (with a little tweaking). Other guitarist in the band was a little surprised about the tone and how well it matched the original. He found it difficult to believe it was a modded Bassman model. I paired it with a Tucana Clean using X/Y switching on a preset. The preset works pretty well for some other songs as well.

Anyway, I love that guide!!! And lovin' my AX8!!!

Lotsa good stuff in there for sure!!

FWIW, while playing around I checked out "Dweezil's B-man" based upon the description and holy cow! Turns out it worked perfectly for the guitar solo in Wild Cherry's "Play That Funky Music", pretty good match (with a little tweaking). Other guitarist in the band was a little surprised about the tone and how well it matched the original. He found it difficult to believe it was a modded Bassman model. I paired it with a Tucana Clean using X/Y switching on a preset. The preset works pretty well for some other songs as well.

Anyway, I love that guide!!! And lovin' my AX8!!!

Hey ucnick,

My band is adding “ play that funky music “ to our set list.
I’d be interested in checking out your preset if it’s ok for you to share this ?

Back
Top Bottom