Thank you!

jeppekristoffer

Power User
This is my second post here but I have been reading/lurking a lot for a couple of months and learning from all the amazing people here that contribute and share their knowledge. I have been playing guitar for 20 years by now, both electric and flamenco and as I now have a little amazing daughter its hard to play at home and to keep a big and heavy amplifier at home. I have for many years followed the digital amp trend from beside and always thought that the idea is great but not the feel and tone. This summer it became evident that playing a tube amp at home (Mesa boogie mark V combo) was no longer an option. I finish my master of science in sound and vibration this year much due to my interest in music and sounds and the axe fx ii and it's layout and the obvious huge engineering and ear skills it takes to make such a product have been fascinating me for a while but I have never had any first hand with "amp simulating" devices before. So I went all in and bought the Axe II together with the Mfc101. It came with the firmware 5 since it was second hand but the nice people at G66 let me transfer the warranty. THANKS A LOT! I was at first a little disappointed but then upgraded to fw 7 which was a huge step forward and then fwd 8 and now finally fw 9. SIMPLY PUT AMAZING! My deepest gratitude and thanks to all of the fractal team and especially Cliff for making guitar playing a blessing even with earphones and a cheap monitor at rehearsal. I can easily duplicate and make my own sounds that sound actually better than the amplifiers I've heard and played IRL.
I sincerely hope that the fractal team and Cliff keep doing what they do despite some minor dissatisfaction here and there about minor stuff cause you have made at least my life a lot better. And if you ever need an engineer in sound and vibration don't hesitate. Haha. I live in Sweden and there probably won't be an Axe Fest in the near future but who knows...
Take care!
Regards/Jesper Kristofferson

Hi Jeppe

Welcome My Swedish Neighbour(Living in Denmark) I agree with you that the AXE makes life a lot easier. But also it makes the hunt for "my tone" more exiting. You never know where its gonna end.(Maybe it never will end :)

I a Nordic AXE fest were to be established I would go a long way to attend. It might attract people from the Nordic countries, but maybe also from northern Germany, Poland and the Baltic states.

Greetings

AAEN

Thanks all for that warm greeting. As can be seen in my profile I live in Stockholm but I would happily meet and "geek" along sometime. My stepfather actually lives in Copenhagen. Axe fest Scandinavia!?!?
Cheers and have a nice weekend with your YXA (axe in Swedish)!
Regards Jesper

Back
Top Bottom