Testing UltraRes with a KoRn tune

shodan5000

Inspired

Got bored and haven't played my 7 string in awhile so...

This firmware is pure win. Stock Recto Modern preset with really minor tweaks and the OwnHammer UltraRes V30 ir. Enjoy

*Updated* Tried to make the guitars a little grittier and tamed kick drum slightly. Patches down below for bass and guitar. Decided to record the whole track.

View attachment KoRn Recto.syx

View attachment KoRn Bass In Yo Face.syx

Last edited:
Haha thank ya sir. I've been very happy with how little tweaking it actually takes in these later firmwares to get a really great sound.

Depends which Korn, perhaps. I only care for the first album. Your kick is way too deep and bassy for that. Guitars aren't actually gritty enough in the mix.

Sounds pretty good to my ears. I would recommend a Big Muff drive with a tad more "grit". I think the above poster has the drum ideas correct. I am a huge Korn fan and am pretty familiar with their rigs up until Take a Look in the Mirror. Would you care to post your patch so I may give it a look? Still an awesome effort either way. Brian Welch has always had an impact on my playing as far as thinking "out side the box" with effects.

I was skeptical in the first few moments with the isolated guitar and then BAM! I was wrong. Sounds great!

Back
Top Bottom