Testing Peavey Impulse 12P cabs

Kilvert

I am new to this FRFR world and have been scouring threads on cabs.

I have (2) PV Impulse 12D powered cabs in my possession to test. So far I have fired them up, set'm flat (according to the controls/switches) and have run through a few presets of my own and some of the factory ones.

My initial reaction to them is incredible. I am amazed at the punch, tone accuracy and reactive feel I am getting (at volume) from my Ultra through these cabs. I am SUPER impressed.

That said, I have no real frame of reference to compare because I don't have access to the other contenders I am considering, Yamaha DSR112 and EV ELX112P.

Anyone else out there ever test the new PV Impulse 12D's? Any opinions on how they compare?

Last edited:
I haven't heard anything about the peavey series but I am ordering an EV ELX112p tomorrow as I've heard great things! :D

Wow... yet another powered FR offering. How much and how clean are they. Can you post a good sound recording of one?

Wow... yet another powered FR offering. How much and how clean are they. Can you post a good sound recording of one?

I just spent a couple more hours on them and am still impressed. I am intrigued with the ribbon tweeter set up. They seem very crisp and shiny but not "shrilly".

I only have them for 24 hours (unless I buy'm) so I doubt I will have time to capture and post a proper recording. Sorry.

I will be testing them tomorrow in rehearsal and will post my thoughts when I hear them in a full band live mix.

Oh and the MAP pricing is $799/per.

Last edited:
I just spent a couple more hours on them and am still impressed. I am intrigued with the ribbon tweeter set up. They seem very crisp and shiny but not "shrilly".

I only have them for 24 hours (unless I buy'm) so I doubt I will have time to capture and post a proper recording. Sorry.

I will be testing them tomorrow in rehearsal and will post my thoughts when I hear them in a full band live mix.

Oh and the MAP pricing is $799/per.

So what was the out come of your findings? Anything further or did they go back for something different.

Back
Top Bottom