Testing out a Malmsteen patch

sounds good, i've tried a few times to get his sound. I even have a strat with hs3's (very important), and a yjm pedal. Still missing something, i'm going to give it another stab soon. At times i think he has tons of gain, then at times not so much.

Thanks! I'm using a Malmsteen Strat, which helps, but I don't seem anywhere in the neighborhood when I use the Marshall sims. Not to blame the sims. I stink at dialing stuff in.
It's hard to find the YJM overdrive pedal these days. Do they color tone that much?

I see your using the box. Love that site. (I also use it to upload kids homework/projects)

The sound: I think your a ways off. But as with anything axe-fx....tweaking will get you there eventually. ;)

Thanks for the feedback. Off how? Too much gain, treble, mid, bass? Through my speakers, it sounds in the neighborhood, but I know that it's not the best point of reference. :oops:

Sounds too smooth to me. I would try for a cleaner, grittier tone with more top end. Have you tried the Wrecker model?

Stringtheorist said:
Sounds too smooth to me. I would try for a cleaner, grittier tone with more top end. Have you tried the Wrecker model?

No, but as soon as you described the sound, the Wrecker immediately came to mind. :D More top end? I was thinking that I may need to take some off.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll go give it a shot. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom