Testing IR Full Res - What do you think about this sample?

I like the first video more. The second one is just less full, less mids, more treble. The distortion in Marcos Video is way more full and better to my ears. Sounds great. Maybe the cleans could be a little bit brighter. But somehow this is my cup of tea, more bluesy, jazzy, very natural.
And I don´t think you can compare the sounds: The second video sounds absolutely not like a studio take, a different guitar (there are HUGE different sounding less pauls) and different amp. And it could be you hear a little bit of the acoustic sound in the mic-sound in the second video. I think so.
I heard both with my DT 880 with EQ-Curve-correction.
The dynamic from clean to mean is great in both videos.

I like the first video more. The second one is just less full, less mids, more treble. The distortion in Marcos Video is way more full and better to my ears. Sounds great. Maybe the cleans could be a little bit brighter. But somehow this is my cup of tea, more bluesy, jazzy, very natural.
And I don´t think you can compare the sounds: The second video sounds absolutely not like a studio take, a different guitar (there are HUGE different sounding less pauls) and different amp. And it could be you hear a little bit of the acoustic sound in the mic-sound in the second video. I think so.
I heard both with my DT 880 with EQ-Curve-correction.
The dynamic from clean to mean is great in both videos.
thanks, for the clean sound (normal channel) I know the high freq could be less on my video because strings are bit old.
In the second video there is no Normal channel and clean is made by decreasing the gain.
After some years I create my sound to play music not to replicate the real amp.
I know the approach is pretty different

Last edited:
thanks, for the clean sound (normal channel) I know the high freq could be less on my video because strings are bit old.
In the second video there is no Normal channel and clean is made by decreasing the gain.
I'm with you there. In fact, most of the Factory Presets that are based on famous songs barely sound like the original after I'm done tweaking.

glad to know that I have the same method as you do not imitate but make a sound for my needs your sound is by far better in every way than the second video according to my ears anyway

Back
Top Bottom