Testing FW 12.04b with my Agile 8 string in F

apescaleconflict

Experienced
Yeah, just thought to share how it manages the low F with my setup, i think this firmware keeps it together a lot better now! I can tweak more easily and not loose control over what im doing :)
Here's a short clip with drums but without bass so you can hear the gtr better, hope you dig it :)

https://soundcloud.com/aripekka-repo/axe-12-04b-test-with-f

Preset for this @ http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=2146

You can thank me by checking our band on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/LessThanThreeBand

Last edited:
Sounds massive! I also own an Agile 8 string... any tips on how you came up with your tone?

Thanks! Yeah, i think the important thing that doesn't show from that short clip (i can update the whole song when it's ready) that it serves well not only in the low sections but in the higher notes also! :)
The tone is really simple, Gate -> TS 808 with a 4db middle boost on 1496hz level at 7.20 -> 5153 red with bright on all other "colorings" off -> Ownhammer recto v30 V1 Sm57 1, then a basic cutting hipass 80-100, lopass 10k-12k and -3db notch on 300hz and a peak notch cut from 5k to tame the fizz

I was also playing with the amp parameters a little, but just a minor things, with that information you are basically 99% there. :)

Great sound ! Really !!

In the Preset Exchange side of this Forum our forum mate Maschoff started a thread named "8 strings pointers"
A place where we can talk about the way we "tame" our 2 monsters !! The Axe and our 8 strings guitars

Come in and share your recipe !
Everyone is welcome

Thanks! Yeah, i think the important thing that doesn't show from that short clip (i can update the whole song when it's ready) that it serves well not only in the low sections but in the higher notes also! :)
The tone is really simple, Gate -> TS 808 with a 4db middle boost on 1496hz level at 7.20 -> 5153 red with bright on all other "colorings" off -> Ownhammer recto v30 V1 Sm57 1, then a basic cutting hipass 80-100, lopass 10k-12k and -3db notch on 300hz and a peak notch cut from 5k to tame the fizz

I was also playing with the amp parameters a little, but just a minor things, with that information you are basically 99% there. :)

Bad ass! Thanks for the information! I'm gonna try out your settings as I really enjoy the tone you've created! I also like the fact that the tone works well in the upper region's! 99%? If I can get anywhere close, I'll be happy man! Rock on brother!

Last edited:
Bad ass! Thanks for the information! I'm gonna try out your settings as I really enjoy the tone you've created! I also like the fact that the tone works well in the upper region's as well! 99%? If I can get anywhere close, I'll be happy man! Rock on brother!

I use that preset with my band on live situations also, we have stuff that's written 80% as a 7 string but is played with 8 stringers so that sound works actually even better there ;) Main goal has been to create a sound that works all around and is thick, punchy yet clangy but isn't too digital or mushy...

I use that preset with my band on live situations also, we have stuff that's written 80% as a 7 string but is played with 8 stringers so that sound works actually even better there ;) Main goal has been to create a sound that works all around and is thick, punchy yet clangy but isn't too digital or mushy...

Well said! Those are exactly the same tone elements I've been after for the last few years with the AXE FX. I'm really looking forward to adopting your suggestions. Does your band have any music available online to listen too? I'm interested to hear your work!

Well said! Those are exactly the same tone elements I've been after for the last few years with the AXE FX. I'm really looking forward to adopting your suggestions. Does your band have any music available online to listen too? I'm interested to hear your work!

Hahahaha... I completely missed the Facebook links! My bad! Gonna check them out!

Hahahaha... I completely missed the Facebook links! My bad! Gonna check them out!

Yeah, but that's really really "old" shit and not that good production wise, we actually started putting things up in studio for Less Than Three today, next saturday drums and then everything else!
we try to have a final product in our hand before april, so you should wait that out also!

Yeah, but that's really really "old" shit and not that good production wise, we actually started putting things up in studio for Less Than Three today, next saturday drums and then everything else!
we try to have a final product in our hand before april, so you should wait that out also!

Sounds good! Thanks for the heads up, I'll be on the lookout for that!

Back
Top Bottom