Terry Kath

Just finished watching this. Excellent even for someone not so familiar with Terry.

I knew the name and I'm familiar with Chicago, but more of the later pop period.

What a fucking tragedy and yet another example of drugs wasting a huge potential.

As I was watching the section where they were visiting the ranch with his wife, daughter and grandson I got a video call from my own daughter and my 2 1/2 year old grandson.

I was holding back tears the whole time I was talking because it just hit me so hard that his family had missed out on having the husband/father/grandfather around... :(

Kath died of an accidental self-inflicted gunshot wound. His last words were something along the lines of "Don't worry, it's not loaded-see..." But he didn't clear the chamber before pulling the trigger, and that was that.

Kath died of an accidental self-inflicted gunshot wound. His last words were something along the lines of "Don't worry, it's not loaded-see..." But he didn't clear the chamber before pulling the trigger, and that was that.
Yes, and he was using drugs when it happened and had been battling with heavy drug use issues... That is my impression from what was said in the documentary.

I mean, yes, you're right but I think the drugs were a a strong contributor.

Yes, and he was using drugs when it happened and had been battling with heavy drug use issues... That is my impression from what was said in the documentary.

I mean, yes, you're right but I think the drugs were a a strong contributor.

No doubt they impaired his judgement, and I guess it could be said that they indirectly led to his death.

Shame, really, because he was the heart and soul of that band. The turn they took without him was not a good one from a fan's perspective.

I also think he would have gotten much more recognition if not for Chicago's policy of everybody staying somewhat in the shadows and letting the music be the star.

The film says he was about to quit Chicago and form a three piece band. Would have liked to have heard that. Almost certainly would have been better than what Chicago put out after he died.

Back
Top Bottom