TempleAudio Pedalboards question...

charley

Hi,

I just got an ax8 and am looking for a pedalboard for it to live on along with 2 Moog ep3 expression pedals.

The Temple Audio boards look good.
Are people having success with these?

I have read that the quick release mounts are not reliable....true? Are people using the plates or just some dual lock?

Thanks!

Trio 28 here for the last year. I've been using the plates/quickrelease with no issues as long as I followed instructions.

Full disclosure: I say follow instructions... One of the items on the board has been a Line6 G10 wireless. I attached it per normal, but I didn't bother to scrape off the big regulatory sticker on the bottom of the G10. Well, after about 10 months I noticed the G10 seemed a little wiggly and it ended up coming off one day. I was quick to assume the temple adhesive was failing... but I was wrong. The adhesive was holding nice and tight to the big friggin regulatory sticker, but the sticker had now detached itself from the G10 body. So I need to replace the small adhesive pad on that one, but it's certainly not temple's fault. When they say remove everything between the adhesive and the item to attach... They mean it.

Also, if you use the temple system to attach the AX8 (which has been great for me), I would advise taking the rubber feet off of the AX8 (and then putting the screws back in). Someone had some issues with temple plates detaching, and I think it ended up being because the feet were still attached. That will overstress the adhesive as far as I can tell.

Crappy pic of my setup is here: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/temple-audio-pedalboard-for-ax8.133143/

Back
Top Bottom