Temple audio duo for FM9 / Mission pedal

Has anyone put the FM9 with a Mission pedal on a Temple DUO 24? I've measured and it's an inch short. If I remove the end caps on the FM9, it might fit. Anyone try that?

No, the Duo 24 still comes up a little short on one side. Better to place your Mission pedal off the board or purchase a Duo 34, which can allow 2 Mission pedals, or one Mission and perhaps a couple outboard stompboxes.

It works if you remove the handles on the 24. It’s fine like this and I used it this way for over a year. However, what I ended up doing was to buy a 34 and get a metal fabricator to cut it down to 26”. I actually added the red end caps and moved the wireless location recently as you can also see. Pics below.

IMG_4074.jpeg

IMG_4075.jpeg

IMG_4076.jpegIMG_4077.jpegIMG_4078.jpeg

It works if you remove the handles on the 24. It’s fine like this and I used it this way for over a year. However, what I ended up doing was to buy a 34 and get a metal fabricator to cut it down to 26”. I actually added the red end caps and moved the wireless location recently as you can also see. Pics below.

View attachment 128179

View attachment 128180

View attachment 128181View attachment 128182View attachment 128183
I was going to say to really get it to fit right you would have to cut down a 34. It looks way better when done like that! I almost did that but the extra 5 or so inches was nice to add a pedal or two.

View attachment 128179

View attachment 128180

I have the same setup, but yet to cut my 34 down as am mulling over whether to have 1 or 2 expression pedals. Great idea turning the wireless unit to access from the side. How did you get the wireless antennas where you have them? Extender cables I'm guessing?

I had the same thoughts, which Duo, 24 (too short) or 34 (too long) but since I wanted to also fit the wireless receiver, I decided to go with a Rockboard QUAD 4.2 B which has some more depth vs the Duo and its in the perfect length for the FM9 + a Mission pedal.
It comes also with a very good gig-bag and it's not expensive at all.
I had it for a year or so by now, many gigs and rehearsals, solid!

Attachments

• 20221013_171708.jpg
    20221013_171708.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 64
I had the same thoughts, which Duo, 24 (too short) or 34 (too long) but since I wanted to also fit the wireless receiver, I decided to go with a Rockboard QUAD 4.2 B which has some more depth vs the Duo and its in the perfect length for the FM9 + a Mission pedal.
It comes also with a very good gig-bag and it's not expensive at all.
I had it for a year or so by now, many gigs and rehearsals, solid!
How did you mount the unit to the board?

View attachment 128179

View attachment 128180

I had this same idea of possibly cutting the board down to 26. What did you do for a case?

Why not simply use a Duo 24 for your FM9 plus perhaps a couple stand-in switches or a stand-in and a mini stomp box, and keep the expression pedal off the board where it can be moved to where you might need it more easily?

Case in point:

FBNKbgY.jpg

Why not simply use a Duo 24 for your FM9 plus perhaps a couple stand-in switches or a stand-in and a mini stomp box, and keep the expression pedal off the board where it can be moved to where you might need it more easily?

Case in point:

FBNKbgY.jpg
That would defeat the purpose of having it on a pedalboard for me. I'm trying to plug as little as possible once I get to the gig. I wish they made a 26" board and case.

How did you mount the unit to the board?
I tried zip ties, then switched to using 3M DualLock which I liked better, then decided to test using the small screws that are just a little longer than the stock ones, and am happy with how they hold the modeler to the Duo 24. It’s LOCKED down, and to test it I’ve picked the board and modeler up by the modeler and given it really good shakes to see if it’d loosened, and it hasn’t. I’d recommend getting some washers to fit the screws to keep them from slipping through the board’s holes as the holes are a bit larger than those screw heads.

The Temple Audio board’s mounting holes seem to be the same spacing to fit the FM* units and the FC6. (I used the same board with my FM3+FC6 also.) I haven’t tried with the FC12 but it should work fine since it’s the same size as the FM9.

Case in point:

FBNKbgY.jpg
More stuff to plug in and tear down/pack away if you gig a lot.
That would defeat the purpose of having it on a pedalboard for me. I'm trying to plug as little as possible once I get to the gig. I wish they made a 26" board and case.
I cut down a 34” one as shown above. I carry it/fly it in a Peli 1615 Air.

I ended up with the Duo 24 with a Dunlop DVP4. I use a Mission pedal off to the side occasionally. I prefer the Mission, but the DVP4 is so convenient that my preference is moot.

View attachment 131622
I did something similar but took off the end caps on the fm9 and was able to fit my wireless on there too. Works great, and I never really have had the need for a second expression pedal but I’ve got some jacks wired out on the side just in case.

More stuff to plug in and tear down/pack away if you gig a lot.

I cut down a 34” one as shown above. I carry it/fly it in a Peli 1615 Air.
Yeah, I understand. I guess I can say that I'm not in that much of a rush at the end of a gig to not be able to spend an extra 3 minutes unplugging my EV-1, and putting it away in my Duo 24 gig bag. I'd need to do the same for my instrument cable, so the extra couple minutes while chatting with gig patrons wouldn't be that difficult.

However, if the following day requires waking up early, I can see your point of wishing to keep your gig exit quick.

Could be just the gig. You may have a valid point, though. Our gig is an acoustic/electric open-mic where numerous noobs and experienced musicians gather. From junior high aged to geriatric. All sorts of folks, some quite good, others who could use some stage experience.

My gut tells me it makes better sense to speak with your audience before and after a gig to discern what the consensus is before and after. If people go home feeling better than when they first arrived, then I can say I've done my job.

Back
Top Bottom