Tell me about 12-String Guitars

Ever since I started learning guitar and picked up a 12 string I was in love with the sound. All these years I would love to have one yet I know myself all too well. I'd pick it up and play Hole Hearted by Extreme and then likely Wanted dead or Alive by Bon Jovi. Ah sounds so good, well I'll just rest the guitar back here....6 months later, repeat.
Seems like we need a few more of those songs..... ;)

One other thing to consider on this guitar is that he is including a nice hard shell case. The $700 price for a new one doesn't include the case. I mean I'd still try to get $50 off the asking price (I think most people expect to be bargained with. If not, they will usually state 'firm'). As priced, it's probably fair, if you can get a discount then you've got a nice deal.

The market's probably in your favor. I can't imagine a run on 12-stringers!!! :p

All this talk about 12-strings has given me seller's remorse over the Taylor T5z I sold over a decade ago. So ....

My new (to me) Taylor T5C2 12-string arrives tomorrow. Time to list my Taylor 562ce 12-string for sale. My rule these days is: one guitar in, one guitar out.

I think I want to buy an acoustic 12-string. I've always wanted to own one. I'm sure I wouldn't play it that much, but it does a thing and sounds a way that nothing else can do or sound like.

So: help me?

I'd like to spend around USD$1000. I have no problem buying used if it nets me a better instrument in my price range than new would land me. I have smaller hands -- like narrow nut (which I realize is hard to do on a 12-string). And I don't play a ton of acoustic guitar so acoustics that "play more like electrics" appeal to me. I have no strong brand affinity here. Don't need electronics.

What should I be looking at here? Any used deals on older models I should be keeping an eye out for?
Although the roar of the 12 strings was a milestone in the '60's, I still find a few people playing, especially, but not limited to, the locals.
Closing the space in a music group that nothing else can close.

Back
Top Bottom