Telecaster pretending to be an ES335

Fantastic man! I've got to admit there is a bit of Tele sound in the attack still, but that last chord especially sounds exactly like a humbucker to me. This is fantastic! Gonna freak out all my friends at my next Performance Techniques class haha :)
But... Im i not seeing it, or how did you get the patch? I'm a bit confused..

Fantastic man! I've got to admit there is a bit of Tele sound in the attack still, but that last chord especially sounds exactly like a humbucker to me. This is fantastic! Gonna freak out all my friends at my next Performance Techniques class haha :)
But... Im i not seeing it, or how did you get the patch? I'm a bit confused..

I bought a variax recently because I thought it was cool to have all the different sounds available at hand but tome matching changes the game... yesterday i tone matched the intro of "horse with no name" to see which acoustic sound I could get of my regular electric, with no piezo, and it really sounds like an acoustic - although a little bit nasal but close enough. I was actually wondering if it would be possible to replicate the "quack" of the in between positions of a start on a guitar with hum buckers. I guess this thread motivates me to try ! And makes me wonder what's the algorithm under the hood.

I seriously would not mind someone posting a DI of a Strat neck position. I have no strat atm. :(

I was actually wondering if it would be possible to replicate the "quack" of the in between positions of a strat on a guitar with humbuckers.

I tried this over the weekend with my Eric Johnson strat on quack setting bridge/middle pup. I dropped the TM block in the first position, recorded me playing DI into the AXE, then recorded the same chords with my EBMM Luke with EMG's. (S/S/H). I used the S/H combination on the Luke and then tone matched it. I am really impressed with how it turned out. I may try TM'ing my 5 string Fender E/A Mandolin too.

hey Funeral, I'll try to do that for you tonight.
That would be super cool. Neck is my favorite but I too love the quack you get from the neck and middle together.
I always think Robert Cray right away. Thanks in advance for anything you can capture.

sorry for the delay Funeral... it's been a busy week. Would you like me to just record some DI Strat neck at 48k so you can use that as a source?

Back
Top Bottom