Telecaster pickup help

Everything matters but as long as the screws are as small as they are and solidly seated the effect will be small.

The entire weight of the string pressure is on the screws and the point(s) where the screws contact the bridge. I would think that would increase the importance of the material there beyond its physical size.

The entire weight of the string pressure is on the screws and the point(s) where the screws contact the bridge. I would think that would increase the importance of the material there beyond its physical size.
Yes you'r right but with the force exerted through and both materials well within capabilities you only hear the ability to filter out certain frequencies. Brass and steel have a slightly different eq effect on the string in a saddle but the effect is tiny with these screws.

I'm following the thread and taking some notes.
I'm building a new Tele and want some great tones!
Neck has a traditional SC route, as well as the bridge.
Gotoh In-Tune there.

Tele build #1 got SD Five-Two set (true SC)
Tele build #2 got SD Little 59 & Vintage stack (Humbucking)
Tele build #3 ???

Guitars 1 & 2 sound very different from one another!.

Last edited:
I have tried brass height screws thru brass, steel and stainless steel saddles with negative results.
I do not care for the sound of stainless steel screws in anything. Magnetic steel(non-stainless) screws improve any saddle to my feel and sound.

Back
Top Bottom