Telecaster noiseless pickups

pauly

Fractal Fanatic
Hi all
My studio has light dimmers and my 2013 telecaster can really hear them!

I've bee ogling a set of fender n3 noiseless pickups or vintage noiseless pickups hoping they will minimise the problem. Only trouble is - I LOVE the sound of the guitar as it is.....

Of course the fender advertising states they sound sensational just with no noise but I need your real life opinions...
Will I get the same telecaster sound from fender noiseless pickups?

Thanks pauly

Hi all

I've bee ogling a set of fender n3 noiseless pickups or vintage noiseless pickups hoping they will minimise the problem. Only trouble is - I LOVE the sound of the guitar as it is.....

Of course the fender advertising states they sound sensational just with no noise but I need your real life opinions...

Thanks pauly

Best Noiseless pickups Fender makes are the Samarium Cobalt Noiseless, IMO. The other noiseless offerings they made sound dull and lifeless, but those SCN are the tits!.

Best Noiseless pickups Fender makes are the Samarium Cobalt Noiseless, IMO. The other noiseless offerings they made sound dull and lifeless, but those SCN are the tits!.

I was about to chime in on this but you have it covered. I have played a few strats with the fender noiseless pickups and was not impressed. To me, they felt like the tone of the guitar had a blanket over its natural sound before hitting the front end of the amp. The first one I played, I thought maybe it was just the guitar itself, but after a few I decided it was the pickups. I'm not sure about noiseless tele pickups since I don't have any experience with those. Try looking on youtube or different MFG sites for their tele options to see if there are some you'd like to try before settling on anything.

I am a fan of the SCN's. But then again I'm also a huge fan of Bill Lawrence's work and he designed those pickups which explains that. To me any loss of tone is worth the lack of the noise. I mean my area gets really noisy and there is not one set of pickups that hum that I'd prefer.

Another really good place to look is Kinman. I've got some noiseless P90's that are miles beyond anything else that is out there (not that there is a huge market for noiseless P90's).

If you want to keep your pickups I would suggest noise cancelling pickguard from Ilitch electronics.
Otherwise i would suggest zexcoil noiseless pickups. Really nice pickups and great custommer service.

Hey guys thanks for the advice
Based on your comments, and all the other internet advice - think I'll just leave it as it is - I love the sound too much to risk it. Guess ill have to deal with the noise!

Pauly

Hi all

Thanks pauly

Back
Top Bottom