Telecaster neck advice!

sprada

Inspired
Hello good folks.

Need Neck advice.
Bought a second hand "cheap" MJT 60s Tele.

After some work it became my favorite guitar.

The neck (allparts.com) had a serious underbow problem. My luthier temporarily solved it by applying heat and the neck was fine for one year maybe.

Now the underbow came back to haunt me (I was told this would probably happen). Truss rod is as loose as it gets. Heat could be applied again but I guess this neck is doomed.

So… I need to get a new one.

My luthier said he can make a new one (roasted maple with rosewood fingerboard) and that it would easily match a factory Fender Custom Shop for around 300/350€!!!

I know that Warmoth makes good quality necks. A quick simulation on their site gives me a tag price of 310$. With shipping to Europe and taxes it would easily cost at least 500€

Is there any good builders out there?

Not sure if I should just grab a made one from somewhere or have my luthier build one.

Any suggestions?

Cheers.

I got an absolutely beautiful birdseye maple strat neck from CEG Hardtails at a very reasonable price with frets polished and leveled. They have tele necks too. Might talk to them. The gentleman that helped me is named Stephen.

I got one from Musikraft with Steel frets and it's awesome.
They sent me one that had a twist in it....but I sent it back and they sent me a new one.

Should be a few authorized Fender dealers there in Lisbon. See what they charge for a replacement standard Mexico made Tele neck. Standard Fender necks are only about $200 here in the USA.

You can also put a Strat neck on a Tele as well if you have more luck finding Strat necks. The curved end Strat heel will fit right in a Tele pocket, but a flat end Tele neck will not fit in a Strat pocket. Hole position and alignment is the same.

I got one from Musikraft with Steel frets and it's awesome.
They sent me one that had a twist in it....but I sent it back and they sent me a new one.
I have 5 guitars with Musikraft necks and have never had a problem with them!

Back
Top Bottom