Tedeschi Trucks

MikeyB59

Power User
Just saw 2 shows in Mpls. There’s no Fractal in sight there, but for my listening pleasure they’re one of the best live bands I’ve ever heard and I’m a live music fanatic. Derek Trucks is the most expressive blues rock player alive to my ears (love his pal Jack Pearson for a jazzier take though, too). The whole rest of the band is just amazing and they have grown into such a multi-dimensional band. Ridiculously good vocals, horns, fantastic 2 drummer rhythm section with Tim Lefebvre on bass (on Bowie’s last record and many others). Kofi Burbridge on flute and keys always delights and surprises. Susan Tedeschi is a great vocal leader and brings the occasional raw Chicago blues guitar vibe to the proceedings. 12 people in all. Blues, rock, soul, gospel, funk, jam. They bring a fantastic mix of originals and covers with great arrangements and healthy room for improvisation. The parts are great and their sense of collective commitment makes it bigger than the sum of their considerable individual parts.

Just felt need to rave a bit.

I gotta check them out, Saw Susan with her Blues Band many years before she connected with Trucks in a tiny bar in Santa Cruz.....blew my mind then.

Huge fan here. Great band. Love my Ax(s) for blues / ABB / TTB / jam sounds.

Totally agree. For a while (maybe still) the Axe seemed to get more love for heavier sounds, but I think it’s just as great at lower to mid gain sounds that totally work in a roots/jam context.

Back
Top Bottom