Tech 21 Power Engine

joegold

Fractal Fanatic
Anybody here ever tried monitoring their Axe through one of these?

Similar concept to the current Atomic Amps, apparently.

They're very nice. I have 2 of them for sale with upgraded speakers, listed on this forum's FOR SALE page.

I have one and use it with my axe-fx all the time. Some like them, some don't. I personally think it sounds great.

I have one as well...I have used it with my podxt pro rig and now the Axe. Nice fairly accurate representation but definately not frfr. It can sound great if it's what you use to build the patch or crap depending on the chain if you use say headphones to build the chain. It is its own sound and can't really be used interchangeably with headphones, really. Each will sound different to the other due to some "coloration" from the amp.

Jon

From the looks of it the Power Engine 60T, which had a horn, has been discontinued for quite some time.
Is that accurate?

Lowering the price expectation on my pair of upgraded Power Engine 60s.

By the way... I spoke with Lloyd at Tech21. The Horns are still available and can be retrofitted.

Matman said:
By the way... I spoke with Lloyd at Tech21. The Horns are still available and can be retrofitted.
That's interesting. I have a pair of the power engine 60's with the older tech21 labeled speaker. I was thinking I'd sell and get something more FRFR, but maybe a horn upgrade would be ok. Did they indicate how much it would be to retrofit? Do they just cut a hole for the horns and mount 'em with a crossover?

I had one of these as my main amp for years. One of them can keep up with a full band, they're very loud. Also light at 33 lbs IIRC. I liked them so much I bought two for stereo.

After I got the Axe though, I started reading more about FRFR and went that way (PA speaker) and now have an FBT Maxx4a.

For a guitar cab though, the PE60 is great, with little coloration of its own.

Back
Top Bottom