Tech-21 Power Engine 300 power amp... ADA MicroTube 200...&

I currently have a Tech-21 Power engine 300 power amp (PE-300)

And a ADA Microtube 200

I am curious if anyone has experience using the Fractal with these?... Thoughts?

Also...

Between the Carvin DCM200L & ART SLA series... what sounds best the Fractal?

Thanks!! (My AXE-FX is going to be delivered in a couple days, just trying to figure out my options)

Re: Tech-21 Power Engine 300 power amp... ADA MicroTube 200.

HillbillySims said:
I currently have a Tech-21 Power engine 300 power amp (PE-300)

And a ADA Microtube 200

I am curious if anyone has experience using the Fractal with these?... Thoughts?

Also...

Between the Carvin DCM200L & ART SLA series... what sounds best the Fractal?

Thanks!! (My AXE-FX is going to be delivered in a couple days, just trying to figure out my options)

I have the PE400 and it is a GREAT power amp - very loud for it's power rating, and a LOT of headroom - it is worth the weight and extra rack space. It can drive a pair of 16 ohm 4x12's to full volume with ease, and it doesn't run out of steam. Also very well made (USA!) and high quality components. Should be all you need. I would take it over the ADA and ART any day. It's sound quality/punch is on par with my bigger amps (SWR Power 750's) and Crest CA 9. Lemme know if you decide to sell it (don't).

Re: Tech-21 Power Engine 300 power amp... ADA MicroTube 200.

I haven't used the Tech 21 stuff before but I have used the ADA Micro Tube and it simply does not cut the mustard. I have been using the ART SLA-2 for quite a wile now and really like it for both pushing a guitar cab and an FR cab.

Back
Top Bottom