Taylor Academy 10e

Toopy14

Axe-Master
Does anyone have any experience or own a Taylor Academy 10e? I have quite a few electric guitars and have been thinking about getting an acoustic. I know the holy grail is a Martin, but I don't think I need to spend that kind of money for my skill level. I've read many great reviews about Taylor guitars and in particular the Academy 10e, which is considered an affordable, beginner to mid-level skill level guitar player.

I don't have any experience with the Academy, but I have a 414CE that I love. I'd always planned on getting a Martin when I could afford a quality acoustic, but when that time came, I realized that I really preferred the Taylor sound more. YMMV. Is there one you can try out?

I could see if the local guitar shop has one in stock I could try first.

Thanks
The whole reason Taylor did this line was to get new players a very affordable and very playable acoustic to start out on, and so that local shops would stock them.

Pretty high chance your local store will have a few.

That's said, I tried a few when they first came out, comparing to 400, 600 and 700's they also had at the store.

For the price these a academy guitars are really great!

The whole reason Taylor did this line was to get new players a very affordable and very playable acoustic to start out on, and so that local shops would stock them.

Pretty high chance your local store will have a few.

That's said, I tried a few when they first came out, comparing to 400, 600 and 700's they also had at the store.

For the price these a academy guitars are really great!
Appreciate the feedback!

I've watched several videos talking about the 10e and demonstrating it and the guitar definitely sounds fantastic. All the reviews I've read give it high praise too!

I like the thought that went into the design of it, like the tuner, built-in pickup, the arm rest and the slightly shorter scale length and narrower nut, which I believe is the same as a Strat.

Back
Top Bottom