Taylor 514ce TM (made w/JP6 piezo)

So, almost 300 downloads of the various formats of this tone match.
Anyone else care to give me some more feedback? I know that the resulting sound will differ depending on your guitar.
It would be interesting to hear both positive and less positive reactions.
Per

So, almost 300 downloads of the various formats of this tone match.
Anyone else care to give me some more feedback? I know that the resulting sound will differ depending on your guitar.
It would be interesting to hear both positive and less positive reactions.

Really appreciate you sharing this... I'll be giving it a go tonight as I've been trying different simulators recently with my hollow and solid body piezo-equipped guitars. Went to try last night but it seems one of my kids "borrowed" the 9v battery that I was swapping between my guitars. Grrrr... last one in the house! :)

I am waiting for my classical guitar to be returned with the Barbera Soloist system installed.

Having a good acoustic IR should be the final step.

My 1970 Guild F50 has an L.R. Baggs Lyric installed, so I don't use an IR with that.

Sadly, I don't have a piezo-equipped electric. Thank you for taking the time. More feedback, everyone!

Well, the bump for more feedback failed big time..
Downloads total up to 378, but zero feedback returned. Now where's the fun in that??
Looks like people will download anything free, but doesn't really care giving some honest feedback in return.

Something I noticed was that the using the IR wasn't as good as the tonematch block. I also thought that if you were to use a cab block you could use the high and low passes on there instead of having extra blocks for those wanting to use it as a side chain for main presets.

But I used my JP piezo and it sounded very good!

Hi,
I was mocking about with some acoustic tone matching for my JP6 BFR today.
Quite happy with the result , so I thought I'd share it here.
It might work for other electrics with piezo too.

Tone matching was done to a recording of a Taylor 514ce.

Short demo:

Preset with the tonematch block: (29/3; TM block added, it's the one to the right:) )

Hey, I'll try this when I get a chance this week, but I'm curious: what model year is this 514? Or at least, does it have that good ol' Fishman-Taylor designed condenser mic/piezo they stopped making over 10 yrs ago? Mine is a '98 and it just sounds like a dream- I'd love to use that in my AX8.

Hey, I'll try this when I get a chance this week, but I'm curious: what model year is this 514? Or at least, does it have that good ol' Fishman-Taylor designed condenser mic/piezo they stopped making over 10 yrs ago? Mine is a '98 and it just sounds like a dream- I'd love to use that in my AX8.
Hi,
I think it's a '96. But I'm not sure if the source was recorded through a microphone, DI or a combination.
It was a recording I found on the web.

Back
Top Bottom