Tap tempo

shep

Inspired
Tap tempo -1/2 solved

I have the stereo delay in a patch. I have the tempo set to quarter. In modifier, I use Ext7, it's set to Pedal 1 in I/O CTRL, pedal 1 set to momentary setting. I get nothing but really long delay times, even w/ the tempo at 16th notes. Also the time on the edit page never changes - should it? Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks, Shep

Last edited:
Hey shep, when you tap a different tempo with your pedal, does it change the actual tempo on your Axe? You would see that either from the blinking light or by hitting the tempo button on the front panel, and watch the value change when you tap a tempo.

That would be the first thing to get to work. If the above doesn't work, there's no sense trying to get a delay block to respond to a non-existent tempo change.

Once you get the above working, the delay block *will* respond *if* you select something under the "Tempo" parameter (i.e. "1/4") which I think you did (based on your statement "I have the tempo set to quarter").

The tempo does not change under the tempo button. But I found something that I had apparently inadvertently changed - the tempo tap was on pedal 1 and I went back through to see it was moved to cc1, which is the next turn of the wheel from pedal 1. Thanks much for the assist, Dpoirer.

Now I'm trying to control the tap tempo of the Stereo Delay's 'Time' parameter. I hit enter on it, and it opens the modifier page, which I set to Ext 7 (Pedal 1). The Time ms parameter changes perfectly, but all I get is a repeat that takes 10 seconds before I hear the 1st one, and that's no matter what I set the tempo to (I have it set to 1/4). The tempo button continues to change w/ the tap correctly. This is without doubt the hardest midi setup I've ever used - and I used to run my GC controller for my sequencer, plus controlling 4 midi sound mods for keys and 3 for guitar fx, so I don't think I'm at 'idiot level' for this. Anyone that can help, I'm out of ideas...
- Shep

Last edited:
Large Thank You! to Matman for finding and getting the modifier out of my patch... Having toe tappin' fun now!

Back
Top Bottom