Tap Tempo mutes output2?

JoeHans

Inspired
I'm having a strange issue with my MFC101 MK1. The taptempo button mutes output2 from my Axe FX II. My setup is: output1 goes to my Audio Interface and to a Matrix CFR12 and the output2 is wired to a regular guitar cab using FX block. I've already checked that the fx block stays on all the time and changing the button to another IA does not affect the results. What could be causing this?

Maybe the IA switch has a MIDI CC# assigned in addition to the Axe FX function. Set the Midi CC# for that particular switch to "none".

Something happened though because the presets now default to muted Output2. Another press on the tempo button activates it back. I'm not sure if this changed already by changing the IA.

There's definitely some rogue-CC# being sent. Check the midi CC# table on the Axe I/O menu. I suspect a output 2 volume CC message. Check out the scene out 2 output level of your preset after pressing tap tempo. Is it still at +0dB?

Bingo! Man, I was sure I already checked that too. :) The output2 CC was set the same as tap tempo. I feel so smart now. :D Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom